Would you have a snake as a pet?

Nikki

Snakes are something I can not deal with at all, I have always had a fear of them, even the ones that you can keep as a pet I get really scared of and will not be near. I know some people love to have snakes as pets though and have had a few people that I know who own at least one snake.

Foxybananas

Never! I do not find snakes amusing and I hate that they eat warm blooded animals... I have had mice, gerbils, birds, frogs, lizards, and these are all creatures that snakes eat. I could never feed a snake anything that has eyes and breathes.

Stan

Administrator
Staff member
I have had a couple of small snakes as pets when I was younger. These were ones that I had found in my backyard or in a park and brought them home. But I am not apposed to having a snake, though I would rather a Lizard, Turtle or other reptile.

Destiny

Nope and nope and all the nopes. I couldn't be anywhere close to a snake at all and the thought of owning one just makes me cringe and panic.

I do know that some people love snakes but I just can't get on board with seeing them as a pet and something I could own.

Stephen

No, I wouldn't have snakes as pet, even if they offered me money to keep and look after them, I'm still not going to do it.

I kill snakes and not keep them as pets. I was shocked seeing a teenager about 14 years old playing with a python. I was creeped out.

Henrywrites

I have read a lot about people that are living in Australia having snakes as pet. It is something that I find strange, but you can't blame them because they have snakes everywhere around.

Harvey

Some people can be very comfortable around snakes. I know I wouldn't because they can bite and going to poisonous. See how this guy was freely feeding a snake that came out from a wood where he was cutting his fish.

Sandex

Snakes are something I can not deal with at all, I have always had a fear of them, even the ones that you can keep as a pet I get really scared of and will not be near. I know some people love to have snakes as pets though and have had a few people that I know who own at least one snake.

No, I won't be interested in having snake as a pet. Why should I? There are far more better animals which one can have as a pet. How do you even communicate with a snake? I wonder what some people are made of in keeping wired animals as pets.

Ragnarok

I have had a couple of small snakes as pets when I was younger. These were ones that I had found in my backyard or in a park and brought them home. But I am not apposed to having a snake, though I would rather a Lizard, Turtle or other reptile.
This is a very risky thing that you have done. How sure were you they weren't poisonous snakes? I hate snakes so much, with them being cold blooded animal is another reason why I can't keep them.

Ivar

No, snakes are not for me. I don't feel comfortable with them. Also, being the fact that they are cold blooded is another thing that I can't stand. I really commend those who can keep snakes.

Toni

Never in my life would I have a snake as a pet. Those cold blooded monsters are very dangerous. I feel disgusted whenever I see some people messing with them and having the snakes curling up their body.

Sandex

Never in my life would I have a snake as a pet. Those cold blooded monsters are very dangerous. I feel disgusted whenever I see some people messing with them and having the snakes curling up their body.

I watched a video on TikTok sometime last year around October where some guys was playing with a python. Their lady friend was sleeping beside the pool and they were putting the snake all over body. The snake nearly entered her pants.