Nikki

Gerbils are rodents that like to bury, it's not too often I see or hear about anyone I know keeping gerbils as they tend to need a huge tank that is filled with something like compost as that is how they prefer to live so it can be quite costly to keep a gerbil in some cases.

Have you ever kept gerbils? Did you find it expensive to keep them?

Shortie

When I was growing up I remember my brother having gerbils. We had a big tank filled with compost and it was fascinating seeing them dig tunnels and make their little areas to sleep. It can be quite costly to get all the stuff but once you have it, it's an amazing thing to have and see how they live.

Destiny

Gerbils are not something I could keep. Don't get me wrong they are cute but I really do dislike their tails and I am not a fan of having to ensure they have the living conditions that they prefer.

I believe it takes a lot to house gerbils in living conditions they like and I wouldn't have time for that.

Henrywrites

Gerbils are rodents that like to bury, it's not too often I see or hear about anyone I know keeping gerbils as they tend to need a huge tank that is filled with something like compost as that is how they prefer to live so it can be quite costly to keep a gerbil in some cases.

Have you ever kept gerbils? Did you find it expensive to keep them?

I had a neighbor that kept gerbils. She put in extra work in doing so and that was the moment that I said that this is not something that I should be thinking about doing. It is not going to work out for me at all.

Ragnarok

All gerbils look like rat 🐀 to me and my God, I hate rats. This is why I will never keep a gerbil. If I see any rat in my house, my cat kills it or I kill it myself. I wouldn't want to keep a gerbil and end up killing it or my cat doing the job.

Harvey

All gerbils look like rat 🐀 to me and my God, I hate rats. This is why I will never keep a gerbil. If I see any rat in my house, my cat kills it or I kill it myself. I wouldn't want to keep a gerbil and end up killing it or my cat doing the job.

This is exactly my thoughts exactly Gerbils. I wouldn't keep them for any reason whatsoever. There are far more better animals to keep as pet rather than Gerbils. I'm sure my cat will even kill and eat them.