White cats with blue eyes are more prone to being deaf.

Destiny

I was quite shocked to find out that cats that are born with white fur and blue eyes can often also end up being deaf as well.

I have not had a cat with white fur and blue eyes but I will admit that they are gorgeous cats so I was shocked to find that they can end up being deaf and that can not be easy for a cat at all.

Have you ever had a white cat with blue eyes that ended up being deaf?

Foxybananas

I have not but one of my colleagues at work has 2 white cats and one of them is Deaf. She says she normally has to walk a bit louder when walking into a room where the deaf cat is, otherwise the cat gets startled easily and gets in attack mode 😔

Henrywrites

I have not but one of my colleagues at work has 2 white cats and one of them is Deaf. She says she normally has to walk a bit louder when walking into a room where the deaf cat is, otherwise the cat gets startled easily and gets in attack mode 😔
This is sad and not something that I would want to experience. None of my cats has this white fur, but I sometimes wonder if there is nothing the vet doctors can do in this situation?

Toni

I haven't had a white cat with blue eyes that ended up being deaf and I hope I never do. Although, I have a white cat but he doesn't have blue eyes and I'm happy about that after reading about this challenge such cats have when they are ageing. It's going to be painful to have your cat blind and deaf.

Henrywrites

I haven't had a white cat with blue eyes that ended up being deaf and I hope I never do. Although, I have a white cat but he doesn't have blue eyes and I'm happy about that after reading about this challenge such cats have when they are ageing. It's going to be painful to have your cat blind and deaf.
Having a cat 🐈 that ends up being deaf or dumb can be strange. I don't pray to be in that type of situation for any reason at all.

Ivar

I feel sad for the cat already. I can imagine the tension it's going to be living through all day because of how it would be feeling all the time when someone approaches because of the hearing problem. Is there no way of fixing this problem or it's natural and that's final?

Sandex

One of my cat's is white and have blue eyes but she doesn't have any hearing problems. Maybe her own case is different but that's not what I'm looking at. The most important thing is that I don't have to worry about hearing problems for her.