Thoughts on those who breed cats just to sell them?

Shortie

Something I have noticed and am completely against as it causes so many cats to be left abandoned by people doing this is breeding cats just to sell them to make money.

I remember my brother used to have a girlfriend that used to do exactly this, this was how we got Smokey when she was a kitten, I ended up choosing her and I am forever thankful that I did as she had so many health issues.

Unfortunately, we do not know what happened to the other kittens as they were sold for money to just anyone.

What are your thoughts on those who breed cats just to sell them?

Foxybananas

There are people that are allergic to cats that can only tolerate the "hypoallergenic" cats, and these cats are normally found through reputable breeders. I do believe there should be strict laws in place for those that are breeders and harsh punishment to the "backyard" breeders.

Toni

There are some people who are into business in just about everything. It's why you will see people that are into breeding of cats just to sell them when they are ready. Personally, I don't think it's something that shouldn't be in check because there are too many cats in shelter homes. They need to be adopted.

Sandex

I don't think there is anything wrong with those who are into the business of breeding cats. I'm sure they have licence and permit to do this and they are probably taking care of those cats until those who would buy them purchases those cats from them.