Do your cats use their beds?

Nikki

Something I have noticed with my cats and someone has said it many times before is how when you buy a cat a bed, it will sleep in anything but the bed. I have found out that is very much true to an extent. Both my cats have a bed each and as much as they have used them a few times, they seem to like laying everywhere else including a random box to sleep in rather than their bed.

Altair

Something I have noticed with my cats and someone has said it many times before is how when you buy a cat a bed, it will sleep in anything but the bed. I have found out that is very much true to an extent. Both my cats have a bed each and as much as they have used them a few times, they seem to like laying everywhere else including a random box to sleep in rather than their bed.

Cats are independent animals, and they prefer to choose their own sleeping quarters. They choose to rest and sleep where they feel safe and secure.
If you want them to use the bed, don't let them know it's a cat bed. My cats never used the first bed I got them until I didn't let them know it was a cat bed.

Destiny

Cats are independent animals, and they prefer to choose their own sleeping quarters. They choose to rest and sleep where they feel safe and secure.
If you want them to use the bed, don't let them know it's a cat bed. My cats never used the first bed I got them until I didn't let them know it was a cat bed.
This is very true and it was something I learned from a vet once when I had to take one of my cats in and I mentioned it. All my cats now will sleep in a cat bed without issues but will sometimes still sleep in other places such as at the end of my bed. Before I was told that by my vet I always felt like I had wasted my money buying cat beds.

Shortie

There were a few times that I bought my cat a bed and she would use it for a little and stop. We ended up doing things such as putting her favorite blanket on the cat bed for her and also having it in front of the radiators as well for her when it was cold and they would be running, she soon started to use it more. Unfortunately the one bed we got her that turned out to be her favorite, she, unfortunately, passed a few months after we got her it.

Ja sa bong

My cats don't like using their bed most of the time. If I let them, they will colonise my bed every night. They feel more comfortable being with me in my bad than sleeping in their own bed set up. It's frustrating for me sometimes but there's nothing I can do.

Stephen

Yes, my cats love using their bed whenever they want to sleep. They might be in my bed for sometime but when they really want to sleep, they will get down from my bed and get into their own. They enjoy their privacy when sleeping.

Ivar

Rarely! Ha they prefer the warmth of their servants.

Exactly. Sometimes, I keep asking myself why I wasted so much money buying/building their bed because they are completely useless since they are not making use of it.

Harvey

Yes, mine does. They don't joke with their bed. Even though, they like getting into my space, they still love sleeping in their own bed which I'm very happy about.