Is it normal for cats to lose weight as they age?

Henrywrites

I can remember not joking with observing the weight of my birds. It was something that has always taken a lot of time for me to follow up. I noticed that my cat lost around 200 grams as she turned a year older.

Note that she has been on an adult food. This makes me wonder whether it is normal for them to lose weight as they age?

Stephen

Yes, it's very normal for cats to lose their weight as they age. It happens with human being too. Older cats don't eat much like when they were younger and some can be picky with their food. All these makes it difficult for them to gain more weight.

Henrywrites

Yes, it's very normal for cats to lose their weight as they age. It happens with human being too. Older cats don't eat much like when they were younger and some can be picky with their food. All these makes it difficult for them to gain more weight.

I agree with you. My neighbor has a cat that has aged and he rarely eat in the morning no matter how my neighbor tries. I found the situation disturbing, but now I understand the reason for that.