How do your cats do in hot weather?

Destiny

Cats usually love warmer weather and the sunshine but with the higher temperatures we seem to be seeing during the summer months and also with the colder weather we seem to be seeing in the winter as well, some cats may find that they struggle more in certain temperatures.

How do your cats do in hot weather? Do they seem to handle it or do they struggle? How do you help them stay cool in hotter weather?

Shortie

When we had Smokey she would love it when the weather was warm and sunny and just right but as the years went on, the weather started to get hotter and we started to get more heatwaves each year. That was when I noticed that she was struggling in the heat and she would spend a lot of time indoors laid out on the laminate flooring which would have been cool for her.

Nikki

Both of my cats do not mind the weather if it is warm and sunny but when we get any really hot weather they tend to not like it at all and will find ways to stay out of the heat. Usually, they end up going into the cooler rooms of the house and staying there until later on in the day.

Henrywrites

Both of my cats do not mind the weather if it is warm and sunny but when we get any really hot weather they tend to not like it at all and will find ways to stay out of the heat. Usually, they end up going into the cooler rooms of the house and staying there until later on in the day.
Simba and Bella do the same. We have a room that we decorated in a way that it is always cool. That is where the cats go into when the weather doesn't favor them again.

Ja sa bong

No one likes the weather whenever it gets too hot. I never expected my cats to feel differently to such excessive hot weather too. They don't like and you can understand why. They have furs which keeps their body warm, when the weather gets too hot, it's burning under their skin.

Henrywrites

No one likes the weather whenever it gets too hot. I never expected my cats to feel differently to such excessive hot weather too. They don't like and you can understand why. They have furs which keeps their body warm, when the weather gets too hot, it's burning under their skin.

The hot weather is one that makes the cat feel very uncomfortable. I don't expect them to have some good time whenever the dry season is around the corner.

Ja sa bong

The hot weather is one that makes the cat feel very uncomfortable. I don't expect them to have some good time whenever the dry season is around the corner.
It's why I have my air conditioning system fully working all day whenever there's hot weather. It will help to keep the rooms cool and comfortable for them to feel good.

Whenever the weather is hot, my cats don't go outside because the rooms are more cool for them to be comfortable.

Stephen

The temperature of my home is always comfortable for everything living inside the house. It's never too hot nor too cold. I have air conditioners and heater in the house which I use to regulate the temperature all the time.

Foxybananas

Our cats are indoor cats so they do not experience heat exhaustion during the summer. They are always cool as a cucumber!

However, for those that have Indoor/outdoor cats, please always have fresh and cool water available for your cats outside, or for the stray cats, this summer is waaaaay too hot!

Sandex

This summer seems like the hottest I've witnessed in a while. I don't used to have my air conditioning unit on all the time but this time, they are always on. It's the only thing that makes it comfortable for my cats during this time of high heat.

Harvey

Summer is always a very tough season of the year for me and my cats. We don't do so well in heat. Even with the air conditioners, we can't have them on 24/7. I just have enough ventilation in the house to help with seeing the house cool. My cats hate baths but they are open to it during very hot summer.

Ivar

I have never seen any of my cats uncomfortable during the hot water season, they very much feel at home because they are always in the house and my house is in room temperature all the time.