How do you go about naming your cat?

Ivar

How do you name your cat? Are there things that you look into before choosing a name for your cat or do you just choose any name randomly as you please?

I would like to know how you pick your cat names and the reason behind the names you choose.

Foxybananas

When I was younger, my cat's name were based on their looks, for example my black and white cat looked like Sylvester the cat so I named him Sylvester, my all black cat was named Lucifer.

Then 10 years ago we got a new cat and we thought long and hard on a name and we decided to name him after X-Men's Magneto... then we got a female cat and named her Phoenix, from X-Men and then we got another cat and named him Professor X...you guessed it, from X-Men.

Shortie

When we had our cat who sadly passed last year, it did take us a little while to give her a name. She was grey and white and we eventually came up with the name Smokey due to her colors.

I always remember when I was young, we had a pure black cat and due to him being black, we called him Sooty.

Altair

When we had our cat who sadly passed last year, it did take us a little while to give her a name. She was grey and white and we eventually came up with the name Smokey due to her colors.

I always remember when I was young, we had a pure black cat and due to him being black, we called him Sooty.

I'm so sorry about your cat passing away last year.
---
My cat, which I eventually ended up with from my sister, was named by her. She was named Lala.
My other cat I named Callie because my grandma said that would make a good cat name.

Nikki

I usually go by the colors of a cat first and see if I can decide on a name for them based on their fur color. If I can't think of a name I like based on the color of their fur then I will wait a little and see if I can choose a name based on their personality.

Ja sa bong

I love giving my cats fictional names because I grew up watching and reading comic books. The names of my cats are ; Flash, Steppenwolf and Darksied. They are my favorite fictional characters.

Henrywrites

I love giving my cats fictional names because I grew up watching and reading comic books. The names of my cats are ; Flash, Steppenwolf and Darksied. They are my favorite fictional characters.

I just give my cats cute names because I see them as beautiful pets. I have two cats named Simba and Luna. Both are beautiful cats.

Ragnarok

I'm very passionate about my cat's name. It's not something that I just name them without having a deep thought about what name I'm going to give them. I take zodiac signs into consideration when naming my cats too.

Harvey

There is no way I go about naming my cats. I'll just find a name that's cool and give to them. The same is going to be something which is easy to call by others and myself too.