Have you been scammed?

Ivar

What have been your experience when it comes to scammers of any sort? There are online scammers and offline scammers. All of them are linked into one investment or another but they are all set up to deceive people into investing their money wrongly for the investment company to disappear.

Do you have any encounter with scammers?

Foxybananas

A couple of weeks ago while looking for a specific watch, I finally found it online. The big name stores no longer had it so I was excited to find it online. I've never purchased from this particular online store, but it looked legit, I browsed all the links, about us page, read reviews, pictures posted from reviewers so I made my online purchase., YaY!!! But then I received a strange alert from PayPal.

Thank God I paid with PayPal as right away I received a notice on my phone that I had signed up for DAILY withdrawals.. What!!!?? I logged in to PayPal and seen that the store I had just purchased my watch from had subscribed me up for automatic daily withdrawals. I right away contacted PayPal and explained what happened and took care of the problem. In my case, I caught the scam right away.

Ragnarok

Painfully yes. I've been a victim of pig butchering cryptocurrency scam 7 years ago. I'm very disappointed with myself about it because I was too greedy and it's how they got me. I lost $50k in that scam.