Does your cat like your computer?

Altair

Some cats seem to be drawn to the screen, pawing at it, sitting on the keyboard, or even lounging on the desk beside it.

Do you have a cat, and if so, does your cat like your computer? Have you had any amusing or frustrating experiences with your cat and your computer? How do you handle your cat's interest in your technology while trying to maintain your own productivity?

On the other hand, if you don't have a cat, have you ever witnessed a cat's fascination with a computer or other electronic device? What do you think it is about technology that draws cats in?

Destiny

My cats do not really pay any interest in my computer screen but they do love to stand on my keyboard quite frequently. It can be quite frustrating if I am doing something important and they decide to walk on my keyboard, there have been times I have been replying to an email and have had them walk over the keyboard and randomly type numerous letters.

Nikki

My cats do not seem to have any interest in my computer. They have on the odd occasion if they want attention nudged my hand away from anything I am doing but they haven't seemed interested in the computer at all.

I do often wonder though if I put anything on my computer that may move and grab their attention if they would have more interest.

Shortie

Smokey was never really interested in my computer but more interested in trying to get my attention and to do that, she would lay on my keyboard to prevent me from working. I will admit though, it did work as she always got my attention after doing that.

Foxybananas

For some reason all my cats love to lay right on top of my keyboard or right in front of my screen making it very difficult to work. I never let all 3 cats into my office at once, otherwise I wouldn't be able to work so every day is a different cat that gets to chill with me 🙃

Henrywrites

No, they are more interested when I have my iPad with me and not the computer. Probably because they want to jump on me when I have the iPad just to play.

Destiny

No, they are more interested when I have my iPad with me and not the computer. Probably because they want to jump on me when I have the iPad just to play.
I have known people to get tablets much like iPads for their cats so that they can play on them. There are some games and also videos out there for cats that can be played on a tablet.

Ja sa bong

If it's up to my cats, I wouldn't be using computers. They feel like I don't give them attention whenever I'm on the computer system. This is why they keep getting in my way. I had to carry two of them yesterday just do a work that's going to take me only 30 minutes on the computer but they wouldn't let me.

Ivar

I don't allow my cats to get on my computer. It's what I'm working with and I can't compromise it simply because my cats want to lay down on it. They can lay down anywhere in the house but not on my computer.

Stephen

My cats are very observant and whenever it comes to anything that have lights on the face of it, they are always captivated by the movement of the light. This is the reason why they are always fascinated by the screen of my laptop or computer.