Do your cats make use of a cat flap?

Destiny

Cat flaps are amazing to have as they allow your cats to be able to go in and out without the worry of you needing to be there to let them out and back in again. Cats also love to be able to freely roam meaning a cat flap works well for this.

Some people have catflaps installed in their doors but others are not always able to have one placed in the home. This could be due to them renting the house they live in and they need permission to install a cat flap.

Do your cats make use of a cat flap? Did they take to it easily when it was new to them?

Nikki

I wouldn't be without a cat flap for my cats. I am out quite often when it comes to working and if I didn't have a cat flap, they would end up stuck in all day and it would drive them insane.

They love being able to come and go as they please even when there is no one home so I always ensure I have a working cat flap.

Shortie

We never had a cat flap for Smokey as we live in a rented property and they would not allow us to have a cat flap installed which was a shame. We got used to her asking to be let out or if we had a window open far enough which were bottom opening windows she would go out through those to go out.

Henrywrites

I don't have a cat flap right now, but I think it is necessary for cat owners to get one as it will make their lives better and more exciting especially when you are not around.

Destiny

I don't have a cat flap right now, but I think it is necessary for cat owners to get one as it will make their lives better and more exciting especially when you are not around.
This is very true. I know that many people always ensure that they have a cat flap so that they do not have their cats stuck in the house all day when they are out for say work.

One issue I have heard from many people though is how other cats tend to also use the cat flap and come into the house, taking the cat's food. I do know they have cat flaps that have a magnet in which you put something on their collar and it allows only them to be able to enter through the cat flap.

Ja sa bong

If you don't have a cat flap, it's going to restrict the movement of your cat which isn't good for them generally. It's going to look like they were in jail. Cats love to explore and denying them that will make them less expressive.

Ivar

Cat flaps are not installed anywhere in my house, so none of my cats makes use of it. My cats only makes use of the door to go in and out when they want to leave the house. This is in a bid to prevent them from going outside all the time without anything stopping them.

Stephen

Yes of course, my cats usually love to make use of the cat flap whenever they want to go outside the house or come inside on their own. It is always very easy for them to use it instead of waiting for the door to be open for them to go out.