Do you use wax melts around your cats?

Destiny

Wax melts are something that is becoming more popular and many people tend to have them in their homes. I have had wax melts before and I do like them but I have always been weary about using them when my cats are around because of the scent and also because they may touch them.

Do you use wax melts around your cats? Have you found they have been interested in them?

Shortie

Wax melts are something I love and I always have a candle burning in my wax melt burners when I get the chance. I never had an issue with Smokey when we had the wax melts going and I found I could leave the room and there would be no issues.

Nikki

I have always been cautious when using anything like that around my cats as they tend to get into everything and I would hate for them to get wax on their fur and then end up getting it in their mouth.

Destiny

I have always been cautious when using anything like that around my cats as they tend to get into everything and I would hate for them to get wax on their fur and then end up getting it in their mouth.
This is one of my worries as well. Not so much them getting it in their mouth as I know that would happen but the wax has been known to dry fast and I could not imagine what it would take to get it out of their fur before they washed.

Shortie

This is one of my worries as well. Not so much them getting it in their mouth as I know that would happen but the wax has been known to dry fast and I could not imagine what it would take to get it out of their fur before they washed.
I have never had an incident where the wax has got on any cat's fur but I can only imagine how difficult it would be to as you say, get out of their fur once it was dry. Completely understand your worry especially if your cats are quite adventurous and tend to get into things even when they shouldn't.

Ja sa bong

For this reason alone, I had to stop using them because I would never be comfortable with having anything at home which I'm very certain is going to cause an issue for my cats. They can be clumsy, which is why I know they can't avoid it.

Henrywrites

Wax melts are something that is becoming more popular and many people tend to have them in their homes. I have had wax melts before and I do like them but I have always been weary about using them when my cats are around because of the scent and also because they may touch them.

Do you use wax melts around your cats? Have you found they have been interested in them?

I don't think it is safe to use wax melts when the cats are around. I used to make use of it in the past before I got a cat. That was when I stopped making use of it.

Ja sa bong

I have never had an incident where the wax has got on any cat's fur but I can only imagine how difficult it would be to as you say, get out of their fur once it was dry. Completely understand your worry especially if your cats are quite adventurous and tend to get into things even when they shouldn't.
Clumsy cats can be a worry to deal with because you will never know when or what they are going to clatter into which might be harmful to them. Although, I will admit having adventurous cats can be fun.

Ivar

I've been using them for years. My cats never had any problems with them being in the house. It's something that I use to give my home a very good smell. I love good smelling place.