Your cat in the kitchen?

Ja sa bong

I woke up last night and saw my cat in the kitchen. I was so surprised seeing she was trying to get something from the drawer. I don't know what it was but I was very curious as to why this happened. Could it be food she was looking for?

Have you caught your cat going through your kitchen drawer?

Harvey

There is no where in my house which my cats doesn't go into except for the bathroom because none of them likes getting wet. I lock all my cupboard to make sure they can't get inside of it and make a mess of provisions I kept there.

Ivar

My cats doesn't go to the kitchen when I'm not there. They know if I'm in the kitchen, it means food time, so they will be around to grab whatever they can.

Shortie

If you found your cat in the kitchen trying to get into a draw it could have either been because they were curious or they could have been hungry.

Smokey had access to the kitchen all the time as that is where we kept her food bowl but she never made any attempts to get into cupboards or drawers.

Kennysplash

Staff member
Your cat is definitely looking for food, or it discerned that there are mice there. I keep my food out of my cat’s reach, since I often have some mice that disturbs me in the kitchen. Zoey keeps them off.

Henrywrites

My cats doesn't go to the kitchen when I'm not there. They know if I'm in the kitchen, it means food time, so they will be around to grab whatever they can.

You trained them well. There is no need for a cat to go to the kitchen when the owner is not around. It simply means being courteous and showing good attitude.

Kennysplash

Staff member
You trained them well. There is no need for a cat to go to the kitchen when the owner is not around. It simply means being courteous and showing good attitude.
For some people, the kitchen is the most ideal place cats should visit often. I have a lot of rats that disturb me in the kitchen, thanks to Zoey they have all disappeared.

Prisca

My cat comes to the kitchen sometime, and I have tried every means to make her stop, but it seems she enjoys coming around. Any idea of how to stop her from coming?

Kennysplash

Staff member
My cat comes to the kitchen sometime, and I have tried every means to make her stop, but it seems she enjoys coming around. Any idea of how to stop her from coming?
Gesture him out whenever it comes in. Some might need some prodding, but they will eventually understand that your kitchen is not their place.

Sandex

It's very easy to stop your cat getting into your kitchen when you're cooking. Simply have your kitchen door closed. Unless your kitchen doesn't have a door, then you're left with no option.

Prisca

It's very easy to stop your cat getting into your kitchen when you're cooking. Simply have your kitchen door closed. Unless your kitchen doesn't have a door, then you're left with no option.

Thanks for the tips. My kitchen doesn't have a door yet, and that is one of the challenges. I can't even bring myself to begin to yell at my cat for any reason.

Ragnarok

Your own is better because you don't have to worry about having everything in your kitchen scattered because they are looking for something. My plate rack pushed down last week. At least 3 plates was broken.

Prisca

Your own is better because you don't have to worry about having everything in your kitchen scattered because they are looking for something. My plate rack pushed down last week. At least 3 plates was broken.

Oh no, how did you react to the situation when it happened? You must have been really angry about what happened then.

Kennysplash

Staff member
Thanks for the tips. My kitchen doesn't have a door yet, and that is one of the challenges. I can't even bring myself to begin to yell at my cat for any reason.
Yell? Do cats understand that? It does not work on them. Another option you can try is to cook where they won’t have a way to reach.

Toni

There's no part of my house which my cats doesn't get into. I used to try and prevent them from getting into the kitchen but they don't care. I now only try to make it safe for them to be in without getting hurt.