What's the age did your cat stop chewing on everything?

Toni

From my observation, it seems like there are cats which likes to chew on things more than others. It's not like they are having teething problems. It's just a habit for them. Anything which they come across, gets chewed on immediately and damaged.

My cat was more than 3 years before she stopped chewing on anything she can find in the house.

At what age did your cat stop chewing on everything?

Foxybananas

Only one of our cats likes to chew on things and that's Phoenix, our 10 year old Bengal. Thank God she doesn't destroy things, she only chews on plastic bags, anything that's plastic she will go and chew away.. I doubt she will grow out of it, she's 10! Lol

Shortie

I would say just before my cat turned one did she stop chewing on things. It took some time to tell her no and let her know that it was wrong but being strict and sticking with telling her no, she soon realized that it was wrong and stopped.

Kennysplash

Staff member
Zoey does not chew, she claws on everything. My sofas have all been given identification marks all thanks to her. I don’t think it is something she would ever stop though.

Ivar

I don't even know if cats stops chewing on things because mine have never stopped ever since I got them. I simply try as much as possible to get them a lot of toys that they are going to chew on and not find my valuable property and destroy them because they wanted to chew on it.

Kennysplash

Staff member
I don't even know if cats stops chewing on things because mine have never stopped ever since I got them. I simply try as much as possible to get them a lot of toys that they are going to chew on and not find my valuable property and destroy them because they wanted to chew on it.
The word destroy is really the right way to describe it. Whether they use this or teeth or their claws, be ready for catastrophe.

Ragnarok

Chewing on things is not something that my cats kept doing for a long time but when it comes to clawing on things, they do that one all the time and that is the reason why I have three different scratching posts for them to use and claw whenever they're interested in doing so.