The worst thing your cat has brought home to you as a gift?

Destiny

We all know that when cats head out, a lot of the time they go out hunting for birds, mice, or even rats. It is in their nature to hunt for these kinds of animals. Most of the time cats will head out with the intention of hunting for something and bringing it home to their owner as a gift and sometimes, it can even shock you what they bring home.

What would you say is the worst thing your cat has brought home to you as a gift?

One of my cats once hunted, killed, and brought home a large rat as a gift for me. Safe to say I was not happy that I had to get rid of it

Nikki

I can fully understand why you were annoyed about the large rat @Destiny. My cats have both at least once brought home a large rat after killing it and leaving it on the kitchen floor for me to find.

Luckily they have not brought anything home for a while but I am always weary when they do go out that they will bring something back. Would much rather not find a large dead rat on my kitchen floor even if they do see it as a gift.

Shortie

Smokey wasn't much of a hunter, it was either that or she wasn't very good at being quiet so she could catch them. The only thing she ever brought home was a bird that she managed to catch. I remember her running upstairs with it and hiding under my son's bed with it.

We managed to get the bird and luckily it was only in shock so we kept it safe and eventually it flew off.

Destiny

Smokey wasn't much of a hunter, it was either that or she wasn't very good at being quiet so she could catch them. The only thing she ever brought home was a bird that she managed to catch. I remember her running upstairs with it and hiding under my son's bed with it.

We managed to get the bird and luckily it was only in shock so we kept it safe and eventually it flew off.
That's great that you were able to get to the bird and help it to safety so it could fly off again when it was ready. I find some cats either hunt to kill and others tend to hunt to play in which case not a lot of harm is done to what they catch and in some cases, they can survive.

Ja sa bong

Rats, lizards, wall gecko and a little snake. Those are the gifts my oldest cat have brought home. I was shocked the day I saw her drag a snake home. I had no idea where she had killed it. I was worried though about what would have happened if the snake bite her.

Ragnarok

My cats aren't not outdoor always. I prefer having them in the house, so they don't get the chance to get adventurous. I have only seen them bring back home butterfly and rat. They have only brought rat home only once.

Toni

Rats, lizards, wall gecko and a little snake. Those are the gifts my oldest cat have brought home. I was shocked the day I saw her drag a snake home. I had no idea where she had killed it. I was worried though about what would have happened if the snake bite her.

I would be very worried if my cat dragged a snake home. It doesn't matter if the snake is big or small, it shows that there is a potential threat within my house that is likely to kill one of my cats if I'm not careful.