Hydration For Cats: Do you monitor how much water your own cat drinks on a daily basis?

Altair

As a responsible cat owner, it's important to ensure that your furry friend stays hydrated. Proper hydration is essential for a cat's overall health and well-being.
On average, a cat should drink between 3.5 and 4.5 ounces of water per 5 pounds of body weight per day. However, it's important to note that some cats may drink more or less than this amount depending on factors such as age, weight, and activity level.
Do you monitor how much water your own cat drinks on a daily basis? And what are some tips to encourage hydration in your cat? Share your knowledge and experiences with the community to help other cat owners ensure their pets stay healthy and hydrated.

Destiny

I always ensure that my cats have clean and fresh water daily and I pay attention to how much goes so that I know how much they are drinking. One thing I did find out though regarding cats and water is that they are more likely to drink more water if you give them bottled water instead of water straight from the tap.

After changing from tap water to bottled water I found my cats were drinking a lot more water than they used to.

Nikki

I have water fountain bowls for my cats that ensure that they are always getting fresh water daily. At first, they were not too keen on it but the more used to it they got the more they used it. I find though that I have to put bottled water in and not tap water as they don't seem keen on water from the tap.