Have you ever used orange peel to stop your cats from doing something they shouldn't?

Destiny

Cat peel is something that cats hate. They do not like the smell of oranges at all and orange peel can be a good deterrent to prevent a cat from doing something you don't want them to do.

Many people tend to use cat peel on their gardens if they do not want cats to get on their garden and mess or dig up their garden and I myself have used orange peel as well for that purpose.

Have you ever used orange peel to deter either your cats or someone else cats from doing something you would rather they didn't?

Nikki

I have always used orange peel in my garden to prevent any cats, including my own from going to the garden area where I have my plants and I also grow things like tomatoes, cucumbers, and also strawberries as well.

It works really well in keeping them off the garden as they do not like the smell. I only put it in the areas I do not want them to go though and the rest of the garden is not affected.

Destiny

I have always used orange peel in my garden to prevent any cats, including my own from going to the garden area where I have my plants and I also grow things like tomatoes, cucumbers, and also strawberries as well.

It works really well in keeping them off the garden as they do not like the smell. I only put it in the areas I do not want them to go though and the rest of the garden is not affected.
This is a good way to use it. If you have an area of your garden where you grow things and you do not want the cats in that area. It is a safe and good way to keep them away from that area as they really do dislike the smell.

It works effectively and doesn't cause any issues for the cats.

Stephen

The orange peels makes them want to choke. My cats hate the smell of it, as it makes them very uncomfortable. When they see my with it, they ran like hell. Sometimes I would play with it just to taunt them 😂. One of them scratched me one day as a result of doing that.

Ragnarok

My cats hates the smell of orange peels. They wouldn't dare come close to where I brought it to for the whole day. I feel the torture in their face whenever they smell it.

It's a good strategy to deter them from scratching my couch. It's worked so well in that case.