Have any of your cats been losing hair on ears?

Ragnarok

I have been observing one of cats lately and I noticed he's been losing hairs on his ear. None of my other cats are going through this which is something that's worrying for. I don't think that he's having any genetics problem.

What can really cause a cat to be losing hairs on his ears?

Harvey

Nope, I haven't witnessed anything of sort happening to any of my 3 cats. It might be a skin disease or something as long as the cat isn't too old. Old age can make a cat lose its furs.

Ivar

Nope, I haven't witnessed anything of sort happening to any of my 3 cats. It might be a skin disease or something as long as the cat isn't too old. Old age can make a cat lose its furs.

I have the same thoughts as well. It can only be either old age or kind of skin disease that would make a cat lose their fur.

Toni

Nope, I haven't seen any of my cats experiencing this and if it should ever happen, I would have to take them to their vet to make sure that everything is all right so that I wouldn't have to be worrying about any particular health situation if it is not what is going on.

Kennysplash

Staff member
It’s a skin disease, you should take it to the vet. It usually happens when there is a bruise there and your pet can’t stop rubbing the place with their paws.

Harvey

There are so many things that can make a cat start losing hair that way. It can be allergies or fungal infections like ringworm or even as a result of parasites like ear mites and fleas.

Stephen

There are so many things that can make a cat start losing hair that way. It can be allergies or fungal infections like ringworm or even as a result of parasites like ear mites and fleas.

This is something that haven't happened to any of my cats. I am quite happy that I haven't had them experiencing such but if they should, I will be rushing them to the vet immediately to have it taken care of.

Shortie

This is not something I have ever noticed with any cats that I have had in the past, they all seemed to keep their hair on their ears with no issues.

Have you taken your cat to the vet or even spoken to the vet regarding the hair loss just to be sure it is nothing serious?

Sandex

I am very fortunate to never have something like this happened to any of my cats. I wouldn't really know what to do about it if it happened but to take them to the veterinary doctor so that all of them will be examined to know why.