Does your cat hate baths?

Ivar

It gets very funny with my cat whenever it's time for his bath. I try as much as possible to not to make it obvious to him that it's bathing time otherwise he's going to hide for the rest of the day. Whenever I take him unawares, he gets mad and even get aggressive but then it's already too late.

How does your cat take it towards bathing?

Shortie

My cat absolutely hated baths. I remember when she had bad fleas and it was making her unwell as she had an allergy to the female fleas' saliva we had to bathe her with specific shampoo to eliminate the fleas and that was such a pain. Water went everywhere, I got scratched a few times and it looked like we'd had a water fight in the bathroom. Safe to say we never tried that one again.

Stephen

To the best of my knowledge with working in a vet store, all cats that I have come across hate taking baths. It's why they prefer to lick their fur all the time whenever they feel they are dirty. But unfortunately, they must take their bath even if they hated it so much. It's an uphill battle whenever I'm bathing my cat. Once it's done, he can't wait for me to dry him up with the towel.

Altair

My cats hated water and would always run when I started the bath for myself.
I never bathed my cats, and I never needed to bathe them.

Destiny

Never tried to give my cats a bath but being they seem to really dislike water unless they are drinking it, I do not see a bath going down well with any of my cats.

Ja sa bong

No, my cats don't like baths but they don't have any choice or say in it because whatever happens, they must surely get their bath every 6 weeks. It's the standard time frame given to me by my vet to have them bathed.

Sandex

It gets very funny with my cat whenever it's time for his bath. I try as much as possible to not to make it obvious to him that it's bathing time otherwise he's going to hide for the rest of the day. Whenever I take him unawares, he gets mad and even get aggressive but then it's already too late.

How does your cat take it towards bathing?
Yes, they always do and it's why I don't bother with having them bathed often. They are neat cats to say the least and they hardly go out of the house. I haven't bathed any of my cats for more than 2 months now. We might go at it next month!

Ragnarok

Mostly all cats do and my own cat isn't am exception to this. Cats don't like getting wet and it's why they run whenever it starts to rain. It's 2% of all cats that likes water and enjoy bath. The rest hate it so much.

Harvey

All of my cats hated water. They will would always run whenever I want to bath them. It have been a big struggle since I had them.
I don't bath them any more because they won't have it.

Toni

Have you been able to find out if your love a warm or cold bath? It's always a lukewarm bath that my kittens prefer to have. They hate baths generally but whenever they are having it, the water must be lukewarm.

Sarah

All cats hated water no matter how you put it. Mine never like coming close tomme when I entered the bathroom. I can only bath them once in a week or if we went to visit the vet.

Stephen

All cats hated water no matter how you put it. Mine never like coming close tomme when I entered the bathroom. I can only bath them once in a week or if we went to visit the vet.

Greg is one of my cat that is very inquisitive when it comes to the time I am taking my bath. He usually comes into the bathroom but he tries as much as possible to avoid getting wet which is something that I don't understand.

Sarah

Greg is one of my cat that is very inquisitive when it comes to the time I am taking my bath. He usually comes into the bathroom but he tries as much as possible to avoid getting wet which is something that I don't understand.
My observation so far with cats is that they can follow you inside the bathroom and stay there with you but you won't see any drop of water on them unless you force the washing on them.

Ivar

My cats hated water and would always run when I started the bath for myself.
I never bathed my cats, and I never needed to bathe them.

A lot of cats don't like water and they will do everything possible to prevent themselves from getting wet including my cats. But on the other hand, there are some cats that enjoy water and they wouldn't mind playing with them at any opportunity they have. I call them water cats.

Ragnarok

All of my cats hated water. They will would always run whenever I want to bath them. It have been a big struggle since I had them.
I don't bath them any more because they won't have it.

It is only on rare occasion that you will see cats that are very comfortable with being wet. Most of the people that I know who own cats always struggle with giving them a proper bath because their cats doesn't like getting wet.