Does your cat ever get aggressive when they play?

Shortie

Something I noticed, not with all cats but with some cats is how they can get a little too much and sometimes become aggressive when they play.

Smokey was never aggressive when she played but other cats we have had in the past were a little aggressive when they got a little too excited when playing.

Does your cat ever get aggressive when they play?

Foxybananas

Yes, Magneto our oldest for some reason likes to bite my fingers whenever I'm petting him or trying to play with him.. and it's only my fingers he is after, anyone else he is ok! It's the weirdest thing - every other time, he is a very sweet and docile cat!

Harvey

My cat is always relaxed whenever he's playing with other of my cats they all grew up together. This is not the case when it's another cat that's a total stranger to them. They don't get along easily with other cats or other animals like dogs. Once they get into their space, they may likely start fighting.

Toni

Yes, sometimes my cats get aggressive whenever they are playing especially when they are struggling over a toy or anything that they are playing with. Once it gets to that point, I will have to find another toy to give them, so that they wouldn't be fighting over what can be provided for.

Sandex

It's not all the time though. My cats used to be very calm whenever they are playing. I don't just know what prompts it for one of them to hit out at the other but it doesn't go on for long.

Ravenfreak

Mochi does tend to get a bit aggressive when he plays. I noticed he'll kick his toys with his back paws at times, I'm not really sure why he does this. I wonder if he'll grow out of it as he gets older.

Kennysplash

Staff member
Zoey is not the aggressive type. The times she gets aggressive is when she sees a rat. Sometimes she would leave me when I rub her, as if to say that is enough play.

Ivar

I've already given up on trying to teach my cat to be gentle when they are playing because it is not something they are even interested in learning. I just let them do their things as long as they are not biting each other's head off.

Ragnarok

Yes! I have three cats but one of them is the most aggressive and annoying one to deal with all of them. He's very bossy and he doesn't allow the other ones to be free of him. It is like he's punishing them all the time.