Does your cat catch butterflies?

Shortie

When Smokey was still with us, I always remember her being fascinated by butterflies and there were a few times when she caught one. Sometimes we would be able to get them free and they would fly off but other times, they didn't survive.

Does your cat catch butterflies?

Harvey

They are my cat's little play thing. It's really surprising that my cats don't kill them because they are very fragile. They will simply be playing with them all through till the butterflies can't even fly again.

Stephen

Yes, I've seen my cat catch butterfly few times whenever they are playing in the garden. Butterfly seems to always come to my garden because of flowers that I always have, so it is very easy for my cats to come around and catch them and play with them.

Toni

My cats are experts in catching butterflies. They even eat the poor butterflies. It doesn't matter if they have eaten or not, when they catch butterflies in my yard, they are always eating them. I hope it doesn't cause them any health problems.

Sandex

Cats love to play with any kind of insects within their reach. I've seen my cats playing with bugs of all sorts and she doesn't kill them. I've seen her toy around with butterfly once or twice. She will be jumping around with it.

Ragnarok

Yes, I've seen my cat catch more than just butterflies. There was a day I saw one of them attack a bird flying. She nearly clawed the bird down from mid air. I wish I caught that on camera.

Kennysplash

Staff member
It’s been ages even I saw a butterfly. And my cat rarely goes outside, so I have not witnessed the scene. But Zoey is curious, and I know it’s something she would want to do.

Toni

It’s been ages even I saw a butterfly. And my cat rarely goes outside, so I have not witnessed the scene. But Zoey is curious, and I know it’s something she would want to do.

I get to see them very often. I have garden with a lot of flowers. It attracts them which makes it very easy for my cats to catch them when they are playing in the yard. It's their little sport.

Harvey

If you have garden in your house, I believe that there should always be a possibility of butterfly coming there because they usually come around gardens. If your cat happens to go there, there is a possibility of being able to catch a butterfly.

Stephen

I get to see them very often. I have garden with a lot of flowers. It attracts them which makes it very easy for my cats to catch them when they are playing in the yard. It's their little sport.

As long as there are flowers around where you are living and your car usually comes out in those place where there are flowers, there is an increase chance of them having to catch butterflies when they are playing.

Sandex

It is not only butterflies that my cats usually catch all the time which they don't kill those butterflies. But what they usually catch and kill most of the time are spiders and rats. Maybe they hate spiders and rats more.

Sarah

Cats are lovers of butterflies. They love to have a catch especially when they see butterflies. Recently, I don't have a cat but when I have a cat back then, he love staying in the garden because there are much butterflies during the afternoon.

Toni

Cats are lovers of butterflies. They love to have a catch especially when they see butterflies. Recently, I don't have a cat but when I have a cat back then, he love staying in the garden because there are much butterflies during the afternoon.

It's like a sports to them when it comes to catching a butterfly. It's the same thing when you light a pointer on the wall, they will keep chasing it to catch. Cats are fun to be around.

Sarah

It's like a sports to them when it comes to catching a butterfly. It's the same thing when you light a pointer on the wall, they will keep chasing it to catch. Cats are fun to be around.
Yeah, that pointer is another form of play to them, it's a remembrance for me when I have my old little cat. He loves to chase the pointer always. I can't wait to have a cat again. I am always falling in love with them as each morning unfolds.