Does your cat catch butterflies?

Shortie

When Smokey was still with us, I always remember her being fascinated by butterflies and there were a few times when she caught one. Sometimes we would be able to get them free and they would fly off but other times, they didn't survive.

Does your cat catch butterflies?

Harvey

They are my cat's little play thing. It's really surprising that my cats don't kill them because they are very fragile. They will simply be playing with them all through till the butterflies can't even fly again.

Stephen

Yes, I've seen my cat catch butterfly few times whenever they are playing in the garden. Butterfly seems to always come to my garden because of flowers that I always have, so it is very easy for my cats to come around and catch them and play with them.

Toni

My cats are experts in catching butterflies. They even eat the poor butterflies. It doesn't matter if they have eaten or not, when they catch butterflies in my yard, they are always eating them. I hope it doesn't cause them any health problems.

Sandex

Cats love to play with any kind of insects within their reach. I've seen my cats playing with bugs of all sorts and she doesn't kill them. I've seen her toy around with butterfly once or twice. She will be jumping around with it.

Ragnarok

Yes, I've seen my cat catch more than just butterflies. There was a day I saw one of them attack a bird flying. She nearly clawed the bird down from mid air. I wish I caught that on camera.