Do you have to hide your cat treats?

Destiny

Something I have had to start doing is hiding the cat treats so that my cats can not easily get to them. I used to keep them in an area on the kitchen counter but it seems my cats went looking for them and they ended up eating a whole pack that they had got hold of an into in a short space of time.

Have you found you have to hide cat treats from your cat? Have you ever had an incident where your cats found them and ate more than they should?

Shortie

When it came to Smokey's treats I would always keep them in a cupboard in the kitchen that was just for her stuff like food, biscuits, bowls, treats, and the like. She was never able to gain access to this area so I knew that she wouldn't be able to get hold of them and eat them all.

Nikki

I have always hidden my cat treats, I am always seeing stories of people who have cats leaving their cat treats within reach of their cats and they manage to get hold of them and get into them and eat them all. Since seeing stories like that I put mine well out of the way so they have no way of getting to them.

Destiny

I have always hidden my cat treats, I am always seeing stories of people who have cats leaving their cat treats within reach of their cats and they manage to get hold of them and get into them and eat them all. Since seeing stories like that I put mine well out of the way so they have no way of getting to them.
I have seen many videos like that too and whilst some of them can be funny, I can only imagine how unhealthy it was for the cat to consume as many treats as they may have done in such a short space of time.

I felt bad when my cats did it, luckily they were okay after doing it but it is not something I would want to see repeated. I now keep them in a cupboard in a tin specifically for their treats.