Do you have a cat shelter outside for stray cats?

Shortie

Something I have noticed that is becoming more popular is how people leave a shelter outside for stray cats in the area so they have somewhere to go when the weather is bad or even during the cold winter months.

I myself would love to have a shelter for stray cats but being able to make one is not something I would be able to do. I believe you can buy them but they can be quite costly I have heard.

Do you have a shelter outside for stray cats?

Foxybananas

Yes, but not outside my home, I placed it a block away from my job, for 3 strays cats I feed. A neighbor, an animal friendly person created several cat huts last year, right before winter where she filled them up with straw. She then offered them to the community. I have since, purchased my own straw and have replaced the old straw.

Shortie

Yes, but not outside my home, I placed it a block away from my job, for 3 strays cats I feed. A neighbor, an animal friendly person created several cat huts last year, right before winter where she filled them up with straw. She then offered them to the community. I have since, purchased my own straw and have replaced the old straw.
That is awesome that you did that for stray cats. Some people wouldn't even think twice about it which is a shame. We do have many around where I live and that helps a lot as we seem to see a lot of stray cats where I live.

Ragnarok

Unfortunately, I don't have any cat shelter for stray cats and it's simply because I am still living in a rented apartment where it is going to be impossible for me to have any kind of cat shelter built in front of the building where other tenants also have their own apartment as well.

Ivar

Yes, I have a very big shelter in from my house for strays. I would do everything possible to support stray cats because no one is fending for them. If I can adopt all the strays in my neighbourhood, I would in a heart beat.

Toni

No, it is impossible for me to have a shelter for cats which are strays in front of where I am living because it is not my own individual building. There are some other people who are living in the same building, this makes it very difficult for me to do this kind of thing in front of the house.

Stephen

I am only living 30 minutes drive away from a shelter home, so what I normally do it to get any strays that I find within my neighborhood and take them straight to shelter home where they are likely going to get better treatment and a roof over their head.