Do you find your cats mark their scent quite often?

Shortie

So something I always noticed with Smokey is she would always rub around anything new in the house as though to make her mark. If I had been to the shops and brought back a bag of stuff I bought she would rub around the bag so much until she was satisfied that she had left her mark.

Do you find your cats mark their scent often?

Nikki

Yes, anything I bring into the house now my cats have to rub around and ensure their scent is on it. It has even gotten to the point where if I have been out somewhere or to a friend or family's house, when I come back they have to rub around me and mark their scent on me.

Even after we have had company they will go around the furniture and rub around as well.

Destiny

My cats always seem to be marking their scent whenever I have washed something or whenever I bring something into the house from outside such as shopping or something else.

Seems they just don't like something that does not seem to fit in their home so they have to mark their scent on it.

Ivar

It's a cat's instinct. They all do it and I'm sure that it's way to make them feel comfortable and mark a territorial path or something. I don't know how to put it but it's a very common thing with my cat.

I can even smell my cats on stuffs that I have kept just to know they have been marked.

Ja sa bong

It's a cat's instinct. They all do it and I'm sure that it's way to make them feel comfortable and mark a territorial path or something. I don't know how to put it but it's a very common thing with my cat.

I can even smell my cats on stuffs that I have kept just to know they have been marked.
You're right. It's a cat's instinct. I watch a lot NatGeoWild videos of the wildlife and I'm particularly keen about cats (Tigers) they do it in the wild too. It's why I'm not surprised seeing my cats doing the same thing at home. It's their animal instincts.

Harvey

So something I always noticed with Smokey is she would always rub around anything new in the house as though to make her mark. If I had been to the shops and brought back a bag of stuff I bought she would rub around the bag so much until she was satisfied that she had left her mark.

Do you find your cats mark their scent often?

All cats in the wild do this very often. It's why they don't get lost in the jungle even if they have strayed too far from their nest/pride.

My cats at home do it from time to time which showed me that they still display their wild nature even being domesticated.

Toni

My cats used to do this very often and I'm very happy with it. They show me it's possible for them to mark and own their space. I feel that since they are doing this, it's possible for them to survive on their own in the wild.