Are you someone who believes black cats are unlucky?

Shortie

This has been something that has been going on for a while and it is that black cats bring bad luck. Due to this, a lot of black cats either do not get adopted or just get left and I feel it is awful.

I have always been a huge lover of any cats no matter what the color and I have always thought that people who say black cats are bad luck or refuse to take them in because of that are just cruel.

Are you someone who believes black cats are unlucky?

Foxybananas

I love all cats, and will always have a soft spot for black cats. I owned one years ago. I could never understand how people can be so cruel to black cats, just because of some stupid superstition. It's so bad that some shelters do not let black cats be adopted during Halloween time. 😔

Altair

I love all cats, and will always have a soft spot for black cats. I owned one years ago. I could never understand how people can be so cruel to black cats, just because of some stupid superstition. It's so bad that some shelters do not let black cats be adopted during Halloween time. 😔

I completely agree with you! It's a shame that some cultures still hold onto the superstition that black cats bring bad luck. Because of the color of their fur, black cats are frequently passed over for adoption, which is unfair.

It's crucial to keep in mind that superstitions are merely unfounded beliefs devoid of any supporting logic or evidence. Actually, black cats are regarded as lucky in some cultures. For instance, black cats are thought to bring their owners luck and prosperity in Japan.

I think every cat deserves love and a good home, regardless of color. It's up to us to dispel misconceptions about black cats and educate people about them. Let's acknowledge the distinct beauty of black cats and show them the respect and affection they merit.

Destiny

I have never understood the issues surrounding black cats and their being unlucky as they are just cats that want the same love and attention as any others. I have one black cat myself and could never dream of not wanting to take in a black cat or even adopt a black cat due to how some people think. It's not fair to the cats as they do not understand why people don't want to take them or even know them but they must realize and see it.

Toni

I love black colour, it doesn't mean anything like being unlucky and I'm never going to see black cats as being unlucky or bad luck. I know that in some African countries, black cats are likened to witchcraft but that's absurd as far as I'm concerned.

Henrywrites

I don't agree with this type of mindset. It is actually a mindset that brings about stigmatization against black cats and I am not in support at all.

Sandex

I'm not too superstitious in life, so I don't believe in the crap that black cats are unlucky. Even human beings are unlucky in some things they do, why would anyone link a cat to being unlucky because of their fur colour.

Harvey

I don't believe that the colour of a cat have anything to do with the cat being lucky or unlucky. There are some things that happens in life which can actually results in a cat being unlucky and not simply because of the colour of their skin.

Ragnarok

I'm not daft to be thinking from my arse because that's how I see it when someone says black cats are cursed. They are only wallowing in ignorance and saying what they have no clue about.

Stephen

I know so much about cats for me to believe in this nonsense about black cats being bad luck. There are so many other wrong myths about cats which people spread out of ignorance and they get on my nerves when I hear someone saying it.

Ivar

There are some part of the world that believe black cats brings good luck. So, it's more of what the folks of a particular place believe in. I don't think cats brings bad or good luck. They are just our lovely pet.