Why are so many people anti-cats?

Ja sa bong

My observation is showing or giving me the results which shows a lot of people are anti-cats more than they are to dogs. Someone might say that this is a subjective opinion and I'm not going to argue it but it's what I've seen lately.

I was reading an article days ago and I came across so many comments on it where so many people said cats are selfish and not a great companion like dogs. They are cat's haters to their bone.

Henrywrites

What they don't know is that unlike cats, dogs can be deadlier when they stray. I prefer having cats as they will help keep one at peace of mind even when visitors come around unlike what we see with dogs.

Sandex

What I understand is that people have their differences when it comes to pets and then tend not to be nice to the animal pets they don't like. It's why they get so toxic against cats generally.

Ragnarok

Some people are just horrible down to their human core. It's the only way they will be willing to hate on cats for petty reasons.

Cats are lovable, I can't see any reason why someone would hate on cats. Unless one is allergic to cats, I can understand why they wouldn't like cats but not hate on it.

Henrywrites

Some people are just horrible down to their human core. It's the only way they will be willing to hate on cats for petty reasons.

Cats are lovable, I can't see any reason why someone would hate on cats. Unless one is allergic to cats, I can understand why they wouldn't like cats but not hate on it.
I mean how can anyone not like cat? Cats that are lovely creatures and always there for the owners and even visitors. I am suspecting some religious beliefs to be behind this.

Ja sa bong

What they don't know is that unlike cats, dogs can be deadlier when they stray. I prefer having cats as they will help keep one at peace of mind even when visitors come around unlike what we see with dogs.
No human being have the right to hate on any pet, whether it's a cat or dog, they deserved to be loved. Even if you don't like keeping them, you should have respect for them. But it's sad human beings don't like themselves enough to do the same for pets.

Henrywrites

No human being have the right to hate on any pet, whether it's a cat or dog, they deserved to be loved. Even if you don't like keeping them, you should have respect for them. But it's sad human beings don't like themselves enough to do the same for pets.

It's a sad situation. I am not that cool with dogs, but I don't display hatred towards them as I just mind my business and focus on the most important things that I should be doing with my life.

Ja sa bong

It's a sad situation. I am not that cool with dogs, but I don't display hatred towards them as I just mind my business and focus on the most important things that I should be doing with my life.
This is the respect I'm talking about. Even if you're not a dog person or lover, it doesn't mean dogs should be in danger with you being around. They have a right to be loved and cared for.

Shortie

What many people do not seem to realize is that cats are a lot different to dogs, they prefer to do their own thing, they prefer to take care of themselves to an extent and they only want attention when they want it and not when you always want to give it.

This I feel often results in people being anti-cat and not liking cats at all.

Another reason for them not liking cats I found is because they tend to scratch and such and they can be quite nasty when they do scratch. Cats will only scratch to protect themselves and I don't believe that should result in someone being anti-cat.

Harvey

Another reason for them not liking cats I found is because they tend to scratch and such and they can be quite nasty when they do scratch. Cats will only scratch to protect themselves and I don't believe that should result in someone being anti-cat.
The scratching part is definitely true about cats but I don't think that it's enough to hate on cats so bad like some people do. It's something that can be managed as it's in their nature to scratch.

Stephen

It is very wrong for people to treat cats like they are demons because that is exactly how most people who doesn't like cats see them. As a result of this, they put on them a lot of hate and even go to the extent of killing them.

Ivar

Human beings are flawed and that's why the world have been wrecked the way it is today. Pets are supposed to be put under any kind of harsh treatment but some people drive joy from hurting animals. A guy killed a dog in my neighbourhood last week. It was good to see him arrested.

Toni

I've been trying to understand the reason why so many people have serious hate towards cats and I can't understand anything about it.

I just feel it is poor human beings that usually have something against innocent cats that have never done anything wrong to them.