What's with my cat and door?

Stephen

This is something my cat is very fond of doing and it's climbing the door and just hanging on there. There was a day he slept off being on the door. I just thank God he didn't fall off while being asleep.

Does your cat do something like this frequently?

Foxybananas

One of my cats used to jump from her tower, to the TV that's mounted on the wall and she will then just sit there for hours, judging everyone beneath her. Lol.. we eventually switched to a slim TV so she no longer hangs up there.

Ragnarok

One thing that I love about cats is that they can dare to do things and most of them aren't afraid of heights.

When I see how I high one of my cats climbs the mango tree in my yard, I get so worried what would happen if she fall down.

Shortie

I can't say that I have ever had a cat that would climb the door. Smokey would always jump up on a window sill close to the back door and when she wanted to go out would rub around the door handle that was about it.

I have known cats to learn how to open doors themselves after seeing how their owners do it so that could be one reason your cat is climbing the door.

Toni

Cats generally like to climb. It's in their nature to so and I don't have any problems with that as long as they are not destroying things for me in the house whenever their climbing goes wrong and they are rattling all over the places trying to catch themselves when falling down.

Harvey

Cats are climbing inclined creatures. It's why they are always looking for where to climb. My cats climbs literally anything that can be climbed in my house. Thank God, they don't get hurt whenever they fall.

Ivar

Even in the wild, all cats love to climb. I wouldn't be surprised any day when I see any of my cats climbing anywhere. There's a tree in my yard, they usually climb it and jump around all the time.

Sandex

Cats are climbing inclined creatures. It's why they are always looking for where to climb. My cats climbs literally anything that can be climbed in my house. Thank God, they don't get hurt whenever they fall.

True! Whenever my cats manage to get outside, they are running straight for the tree in my yard immediately and climbing it. Climbing doors in the house or even the wall isn't enough for them.