What is the inspiration behind your cat’s name?

Kennysplash

Staff member
Mine is Zoey, which means Life. Since I live alone, she makes my home feel lively. I don’t feel like the only living thing breathing in the house. When she chooses too, she can be fun as well. The things she does makes me laugh, so Zoey is a befitting name.

I have seen different cat names on this forum. What was the inspiration behind them?

Henrywrites

Mine is Zoey, which means Life. Since I live alone, she makes my home feel lively. I don’t feel like the only living thing breathing in the house. When she chooses too, she can be fun as well. The things she does makes me laugh, so Zoey is a befitting name.

I have seen different cat names on this forum. What was the inspiration behind them?

I name my female cat simba, and even though it is a name reserved for male cats, I have to go with the name as a result of my cat always being brave and fearless.

Kennysplash

Staff member
I name my female cat simba, and even though it is a name reserved for male cats, I have to go with the name as a result of my cat always being brave and fearless.
That is surely a good choice of name. The name indeed makes the cat.

Sandex

I have a thing for naming my cats with human names. It makes me feel like they are more human than animals. It's why I have my 3 cats named Dante, Shopie and Samantha. I think they are all lovely names.

Ragnarok

I name my cats based on my feelings and also sometimes I love something nice. Shey is one of my cat's names. It's the most loved names I've ever given to any of my cats.

Kennysplash

Staff member
I have a thing for naming my cats with human names. It makes me feel like they are more human than animals. It's why I have my 3 cats named Dante, Shopie and Samantha. I think they are all lovely names.
So giving them human names makes you feel closer to them and view them as more than just pets and animals. That is a valid reason. Shopie is different though, why?

Foxybananas

We have 3 cats: Magneto, Phoenix and professor X... Care to guess the inspiration? 🤔

Kennysplash

Staff member
We have 3 cats: Magneto, Phoenix and professor X... Care to guess the inspiration? 🤔
No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to get any idea. Especially professor X. Now I’m more curious than ever.

Toni

You're probably a fan of the X-Men because they are all names from the characters in that movie. I hope I'm correct? 🤣