Stopping cat from going under the bed

Ja sa bong

This is a problem for my brother and his cat. He keeps complaining to me that he keeps struggling with his cat because his cat keeps going under the bed every night. According to him, he decided to sleep with his in his own bed but whenever he wakes up, he's going to find his cat under the bed.

What could be the cause of this and how can he stop it?

Henrywrites

Could this be as a result of fear of something? Does anyone bully the cat when the owner is not around? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered here.

Ja sa bong

Could this be as a result of fear of something? Does anyone bully the cat when the owner is not around? There are a lot of questions that need to be answered here.
His cat is depressed or afraid of something which is affecting the cat's behaviour. This is not something to overlook because it might deteriorate to the point where the cat will be difficult to live with.

Henrywrites

His cat is depressed or afraid of something which is affecting the cat's behaviour. This is not something to overlook because it might deteriorate to the point where the cat will be difficult to live with.

That was the reason that I mentioned fear. It is something that anyone should be really worried about. I wouldn't feel comfortable experiencing that with my cats too.

Harvey

This definitely have be a thing of fear. There's something making your cat feel uncomfortable and safe which is why going under the bed to hide or look for shelter. You need to figure out what's causing this and fix it as quickly as possible or your cat might end up running away one day.

Katrinka

Is there a way to use cardboard to build a wall under the bed so that the cat can't get underneath? Does the cat have a safe spot of its own to sleep on? Our cat had a window bed where she could look outside and she enjoyed sleeping there.

Ragnarok

Is there a way to use cardboard to build a wall under the bed so that the cat can't get underneath? Does the cat have a safe spot of its own to sleep on? Our cat had a window bed where she could look outside and she enjoyed sleeping there.
I had my bed built in a way it doesn't have any opening under it. It makes it impossible for my cats to get under it. It saved a lot of stress having to deal with getting them out from there when they were kittens.

Shortie

This does sound as though it may be fear and with your mentioning above of depression and anxiety, it explains a lot.

I would find a way to block off under the bed if possible so the cat can't get under and reassure the cat that they are okay and give them love.

Eventually, they will realize there is nothing to fear and may come around a little.

Ivar

Have a kind of construction which is going cover under your bad. Where there is no space for your cat to get under the bed. When the cats looks for how to go under the bed and but doesn't see, he will go to his bed.