Pets that have odour and smell?

Toni

There are some pets that smell bad. Some exotic pets like Tamanduas, Red Foxes, Ferrets, Marmosets, Binturongs and so many more are known for having a notorious bad small.

Have you had any of those pets that smell bad? What can you do to manage how bad they smell?

Foxybananas

Not a stinky cat but my bengal cat's breath is awful! She eats the same food as our other 2 cats, and drinks lots of water, but for some reason her breath be kickin'!! Must be the breed 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ivar

Not a stinky cat but my bengal cat's breath is awful! She eats the same food as our other 2 cats, and drinks lots of water, but for some reason her breath be kickin'!! Must be the breed 🤷🏻‍♀️

No, it's because of the breed but it's actually a health problem. It's as a result of them suffering from Halitosis.

Halitosis is the medical term for bad breath. It's one of the most common causes of a bad odor in Bengal cats, especially older ones.

The bad smell is a result of an infection in their mouth caused by a buildup of bacteria, and could mean that they have a cyst or another more serious problem.

Shortie

I can't say that I have never had a pet that smells bad by nature but we did have a pet hamster once who was getting old and not looking after herself as well as she should have been she did start smelling and we did what we could to help her stay clean until she passed.