Is your cat overprotective of their territory?

Shortie

If you have taken care of cats, you will know that they can be very overprotective of where they live or even areas around their house.

Usually, it is the house and any gardens that you may have where they get overprotective but in some cases, they could also be overprotective of other areas.

Would you say that your cat is overprotective of their territory?

Toni

Yes, it's common thing with cats. It's in their nature to be overprotective of their territory. My cat marks her territory and wouldn't let even a puppy encroach in it. But one thing I found out was they she likes getting in others territory without any care like it's a free zone. Why are cat's like that?

Sandex

Yes, my cats are always very overprotective of their zone. When they in bed, they like it being bothered. I tried to get in and play with them a little sometimes but they are not having it. I started respecting their boundary.

Harvey

My cats doesn't even like their own territory lol. They hardly sleep in their own bed because they feel more comfortable getting into my own bed. They just feel comfortable anywhere in the house, they are not attached to any particular place.

Ivar

My cats doesn't even like their own territory lol. They hardly sleep in their own bed because they feel more comfortable getting into my own bed. They just feel comfortable anywhere in the house, they are not attached to any particular place.

This is exactly the same thing with my own cats which is the reason why I am not even bothered about getting into their own spot because they are not even interested in it like the way they want to always get into my own space.