Is your cat comfortable in a sweater?

Ivar

Not all cats are comfortable wearing sweaters or clothes. If your cats looks uncomfortable wearing either sweaters or clothes, you shouldn't try forcing it even if the weather is cold.

It's very important to observe your cat's body language whenever you're trying to train them wearing sweaters or clothes. If they aggressively flick their tail or shrink away, it's obvious they don't like it or not happy with it.

Foxybananas

I have tried in the past to put sweaters and Halloween costumes on my cats and have never been successful. Once they look uncomfortable or start freaking out, I just take them off. I could never make my babies unhappy just for some pictures. I love them too much!

Harvey

Normally, my cats doesn't like having any kinds of wear on them and not to talk about sweaters or cat's winter jackets. It's only when it's aggressively cold that they would allow you to wear them any clothes, if not they won't allow you to wear them anything. You're the one that's going to give up trying to.

Henrywrites

I have tried in the past to put sweaters and Halloween costumes on my cats and have never been successful. Once they look uncomfortable or start freaking out, I just take them off. I could never make my babies unhappy just for some pictures. I love them too much!

I know some cats won't like all those costumes. They want to feel free and not have these decorations on them. It is not something that I will advise you try again since they don't like it.

Shortie

I would have never been able to put a sweater on mu cat at all, she always hated it if she got too warm or if there was something on her that was kind of tight on her body.

We once tried to put a Christmas hat on her for Christmas and she would not tolerate that for very long at all.

Ragnarok

Sweaters are never for my cats for any occasion. They don't like it even when the weather is too cold or for halloween purposes. The last time I tried it out with two of them, they got so uncomfortable and started freaking out. I took them off immediately to never try it again.

Toni

None of my cats are comfortable putting on any clothes for any reason. I have tried several times to get them where some costumes as well but they are not having it and they are not interested in putting on sweater at all even if the weather is freezing.

Sandex

No, my cat isn't comfortable in a sweater. I've tried it twice but she wasn't okay with it. She kept scratching on it to show how uncomfortable it makes her. I had to quit putting on a sweater on her. She was very okay with her Christmas hat 😂