How often do you groom your cat?

Destiny

Grooming a cat is something that should be done regularly to help its fur coat stay healthy. A lot of the time, many cats will be able to do much of the grooming needed themselves, and the grooming we do helps them out a little but as cats get older they more than likely will need to have more grooming done by their owner to help their fur stay healthy even as they age.

I make sure to groom all my cats at least once a week just to ensure it is done.

How often do you groom your cat?

Nikki

I make it a point to sit at least once a week, usually on a Sunday, and groom my cats so that I know they are groomed. I find that if I forget to groom them sometimes if I have been busy, they tend to have more furballs than if I do groom them. I also find that grooming helps to prevent the amount of fur that gets all over as well. As much as I do not mind the fur around my home when I have guests sometimes it can be a little off-putting if there is a lot of cat fur on the furniture.

Shortie

When we had Smokey, we would groom her at least once a week to help her out but most of the time, she would do most of the grooming herself.

As she got older and when she became ill before we lost her, we had to groom her more often.

Kennysplash

Staff member
Zoey really has usually long nails. This is what she uses to wreck a lot of havoc on my cushions. So I cut off her fingernails often to reduce her atrocious acts.

Prisca

When we had Smokey, we would groom her at least once a week to help her out but most of the time, she would do most of the grooming herself.

As she got older and when she became ill before we lost her, we had to groom her more often.

So sorry for the loss. Smokey must have been a really lovely cat considering the way you talked about her.

meowu

I'm diligent about grooming my cat weekly. It's essential for maintaining their coat health, especially as they get older. I find it helps prevent mats and hairballs.

Shortie

So sorry for the loss. Smokey must have been a really lovely cat considering the way you talked about her.
She was a lovely cat, had her own quirky personality and is missed daily, was a shock when we had to let her go but we knew with her being born with a heart murmur it was going to happen at some point, still never makes that loss easier though.