How easy did you find it to train your cat to use a litter tray?

Shortie

Training a cat or a kitten to use a litter tray does take some work but you will be amazed at how easily they tend to pick up on it if you stick at it. I myself never had to litter train the last cat I had as my brother did that before she was allowed to move away from her mother so when we got her she was already trained.

How easy did you find it to litter train your cat or kitten? What tips would you have for someone who is new to litter training a cat?

Foxybananas

I consider myself lucky. I have never had any issues with any of my cats learning how to use a litter box. I have owned cats most of my life, even had a cat give birth in my bed and those kittens never had any issues as their mom showed them the way. I've had also rescued cats from the street and placing them inside the litter box, seemed to be all they needed to understand that's the place to go potty.

Altair

Training a cat or a kitten to use a litter tray does take some work but you will be amazed at how easily they tend to pick up on it if you stick at it. I myself never had to litter train the last cat I had as my brother did that before she was allowed to move away from her mother so when we got her she was already trained.

How easy did you find it to litter train your cat or kitten? What tips would you have for someone who is new to litter training a cat?
I never had to train my two cats to use the litter box.
One cat was a kitten (the cat I eventually ended up with from my sister), and she immediately took to the little box right away. However, throughout the years, she never learned how to spread the litter around. She would always scratch the litter box instead of the litter.
Then she taught my other cat to do the same. So they both ended up doing it.

Nikki

I only had to train one of my cats as the other didn't really need to be trained. It made it a little easier being able to only train one though. My only issue with both of my cats when it came to using the litter tray is how much they used to scrape and fling the litter everywhere, that was a pain.

Destiny

With my cats, it varied as to how easy it was to train them. I remember one of them took longer than others to get used to using a litter tray but now, I don't seem to have any issues at all with any of them using a litter tray if they need to.

Ja sa bong

It wasn't easy honestly. It went on for longer period more than I expected to the point where I started wondering if I wasn't given them the training properly. I nearly gave up at some point but they eventually learnt how to do it.

Ragnarok

I would consider myself as a very lucky person when it comes to training my cats to use their litter tray whenever they want to do their business. It was as if they knew it from another place which I can't tell because I got all of them as kittens.

Ivar

It was a very big struggle teaching my first two cats how to use their litter tray for their business. It got so bad I stopped having friends over because my house uses to smell awful. After they had learnt how to use the tray, I was so relived.