How do you keep your cat cool in the summer heat?

Shortie

Summer is finally here for 2024 and with that comes a lot of days of heat and even evenings and nights that can be quite humid.

With the summer heat, our cats will start to feel the heat more than others and it's best to have ways in which you can help your cat stay cool in the hotter weather.

How do you keep your cat cool in the summer heat?

Kennysplash

Staff member
I have a veranda where I usually spend my afternoon when I am not at work. So if I am not inside which has AC, I would be at the veranda taking natural breeze. And where ever I go, Zoey goes with me.

Ragnarok

There's a reason why I have air conditioning units in every room. This is to help cool down the temperature of my rooms. All my cats enjoy it when the rooms are cool especially when it's very hot outside. I also enjoy it too when the rooms are cool.

Toni

I have a veranda where I usually spend my afternoon when I am not at work. So if I am not inside which has AC, I would be at the veranda taking natural breeze. And where ever I go, Zoey goes with me.

As long as the weather is not very hot, it is a very good way for you to sit outside and feel the calm and cool weather which is also going to be very good to help your cats too not feel hot. But AC is fine for inside the house.

Harvey

Even though my cats doesn't like water so much, I will be forced to give them a bath whenever it's very obvious the weather is too hot. They will hate water but after the bath, they will feel a lot better.

Stephen

Even though my cats doesn't like water so much, I will be forced to give them a bath whenever it's very obvious the weather is too hot. They will hate water but after the bath, they will feel a lot better.

I am always very ready for fight whenever it is time for me to bath my cats especially during hot weather. They don't like water and I understand the reason why they don't but they also don't know that I like it when they are very comfortable and that is after they have taken their bath.

Sandex

I'm living in a very cold region which makes it very hard for my cat to feel heat and uncomfortable. Most of the time, I usually have my home heater on so that the house will have a regulated temperature that is comfortable for everyone.

Toni

We are currently in the raining season. So, the weather is always cold most of the time. We don't have to worry about hot weather for now which makes me very happy because if not, it's always using the air conditioning unit to cool everyone down including me.