How do you discipline your cat?

Stephen

Do you ever see yourself in a position where there's a need to discipline your cat for something they have done. It would be something you're well aware that he or she did on purpose.

What's the best way you would prefer to use and offer some sort of discipline to your cat in such situations?

Foxybananas

A firm NO. It is not recommended to yell at your pets, or hit them or rub their noses on "accidents", a simple NO, said firmly should be sufficient. No need to be abusive, throw things at them or panic them by yelling. Yelling at them will only do harm and make them anxious. Cats are very smart and know based on your tone of voice how you are feeling.

Henrywrites

I don't subscribe to the mindset of trying to discipline your cats in the extreme way. I bring them closer and say some soft words to them to express my displeasure. I can remember watching a video of a popular footballer that flogged his cat and it was one of the most hurting video that I've ever watched.

Ja sa bong

I haven't had any reasons to feel like disciplining my cats because they are well behaved at all times. They can get clumsy at times but it's not a big deal because I get clumsy too and who gets to discipline me? I will just tell them to behave and they know how to behave. I'm very happy with my cats.

Sandex

The only way I bring any disciplining action to my cats is by not giving them treats if they mess up. When I do that, they always sit up and behave better. I can't flog my cats or mistreat them for any reason whatsoever. They are my pets and I love them.

Ragnarok

Why would I? I can't understand why some people will beat their cats all in the name of discipline? Cats need to be shown love and not punishment. If I can't love my cats enough, I won't keep them.