Have you seen your cat panting?

Sandex

Generally, panting isn't a cat's thing as it's more associated with dogs but that doesn't mean cats don't pant when something makes it possible for it to happen.

I haven't seen any of my cats pant since I had them till we went for hiking the other day. After hiking for a while and it got hot, I noticed he was panting. Luckily, I knew what to do by getting him water to drink, soaked a towel and wrapped it on him, then after staying in a shade for a while, we ended our adventure for the day.

What have caused your cat to start panting?

Henrywrites

Simba always pant when she is about to fall sick. That was one of the signs that always let me know that something is wrong somewhere. So, I always ensure that I am careful with her whenever I notice the sign.

Harvey

Simba always pant when she is about to fall sick. That was one of the signs that always let me know that something is wrong somewhere. So, I always ensure that I am careful with her whenever I notice the sign.
This can be very understandable because it's a sign she's struggling to breathe well. It's a symptom for you take action immediately and take her to your vet for immediate medical treatment.

My cats hardly pant but whenever they play too much and jump around all day, they pant which is something normal because of the adrenaline rush.