Have you noticed a cat's fur colour change in the sun?

Shortie

I always remember a cat we had, he was a black cat or so we thought with some white on him. I always remember when he used to be outside in the sun, his fur would look more like a browny red colour over a black colour but out of the sun, it always looked black.

Have you ever noticed how your cat's fur seems to change colour when they are in the sun?

Foxybananas

Not because of the sun, but the temperature. Magneto, our Russian Siberian is a seal color point, during the summer months his dark points are a rich dark brown, and as the temperature cools, the dark brown starts getting lighter and lighter until the dark brown becomes a light colored brown

Ivar

There's always a way the sun reflects on my my cat's fur especially whenever the sun it setting. The reflection is different from now it is when the sun hit up there in the shy shining hard. I don't have anything to worry about it because it doesn't have any effects on my cat's fur.

Toni

Fortunately, I haven't noticed this kind of thing happening to any of my cats. Their fur colour have been the same way since I have them. I take very good care of them. I take them for grooming every 3 months.

Sandex

I haven't observed that happening to any of my cats. Seriously, I would be worried if it happens in a way that all their fur changed colour under the sun.