Have you ever had an issue with your cats scratching your carpet?

Shortie

This is something I only ever noticed Smokey doing a few times and it would always be the carpet in my bedroom that she seemed to do it to most. She had managed to find an area in which she could get enough grip to scratch the carpet in my bedroom. She only did it a few times and when we caught her we would tell her off for it but it was a pain at times.

Have you ever had an issue with your cats scratching the carpet?

Nikki

I can't say I have had any issues with my cats scratching the carpet in my house but then again, we mainly have laminate flooring now and not a lot of carpet now so there really isn't much for them to scratch even if they wanted to.

Have you tried getting some carpet, just a small piece, and placing it on something to make a scratching post but with carpet? That may prevent them from going for your bedroom carpet.

Destiny

I have carpet in my home but I haven't noticed that my cats seem to have an interest in scratching it although, I do know that cats have been known to do that.

I can't say I have had any issues with my cats scratching the carpet in my house but then again, we mainly have laminate flooring now and not a lot of carpet now so there really isn't much for them to scratch even if they wanted to.

Have you tried getting some carpet, just a small piece, and placing it on something to make a scratching post but with carpet? That may prevent them from going for your bedroom carpet.
This is a very good suggestion. Sometimes it may be they just want something different to scratch, if you provide something for them to use they may stop scratching on your carpet.

Henrywrites

I have carpet in my home but I haven't noticed that my cats seem to have an interest in scratching it although, I do know that cats have been known to do that.

This is a very good suggestion. Sometimes it may be they just want something different to scratch, if you provide something for them to use they may stop scratching on your carpet.

Getting them something to scratch instead is a very good move. I like the fact that it is also something that you can do with getting some old papers that they can play with as well.

Shortie

Yeah, we ended up getting Smokey a scratching post which did help but with it being upstairs, we also had to get her another that would help to prevent her from doing it so we got her a smaller cat scratching post for upstairs as well and that helped a lot.

Nikki

Yeah, we ended up getting Smokey a scratching post which did help but with it being upstairs, we also had to get her another that would help to prevent her from doing it so we got her a smaller cat scratching post for upstairs as well and that helped a lot.
It's usually because they want something to scratch on and they go for the nearest thing that they are able to scratch, if you have something there for them specifically for that it should be fine but if not, they will go for things they shouldn't.

Ivar

My cats do it all the time with my couch in the room. They seem to have respect or regard for my living room couch as they don't scratch on it. I can't seem to know what they see in the couch in my bedroom. Sometimes, it feels to me like they hid something inside that they want to claw out 😂.

Henrywrites

My cats do it all the time with my couch in the room. They seem to have respect or regard for my living room couch as they don't scratch on it. I can't seem to know what they see in the couch in my bedroom. Sometimes, it feels to me like they hid something inside that they want to claw out 😂.

They wouldn't want to do it in the living room to avoid being yelled at 😂. You should look at it from that angle.

Ja sa bong

It took a while before my cats stopped scratching all the places in my house. They scratch the wallpapers, curtain, doormat and chair. I had to use sprays once in a while. The one they haven't stopped doing is knocking things down from my room divider.

Henrywrites

It took a while before my cats stopped scratching all the places in my house. They scratch the wallpapers, curtain, doormat and chair. I had to use sprays once in a while. The one they haven't stopped doing is knocking things down from my room divider.

Knocking things off your room divider is definitely the way that they want to play. They love being in a position where they get to have some fun especially when you are far away from home.

Sandex

There was nothing off limits for my cats in my house when I haven't put in all the necessary measures that stopped them from destroying everything in the house with their constant scratching. If it was only the carpet they were after, I would never bother at all.

Stephen

At least I had nothing to worry about with carpets because I don't have any of anywhere in my house. The whole room in my apartment are tiled and cats can't scratch that. It's my furniture they used to scratch but once I started spraying the furniture, they stopped it.