Have you ever had a cat that rejected a kitten?

Shortie

If you have had a cat that has had kittens or you know someone with a cat that has had kittens, you will know that sometimes a cat will reject a kitten and other times it does not happen and they accept all the kittens they gave birth to.

Have you ever had a cat that gave birth to kittens and rejected one or more? What did you do when that happened?

Stephen

Unfortunately, it's something I wouldn't have to find out because my cat won't get pregnant and not to talk about giving birth to kitten.

I have my cat spayed, so they don't have to get pregnant. I've not considered getting a new kitten to know how they are going to react to it but I will soon find out.

Sandex

For my cat, it wasn't all smooth and easy experience when I introduced a kitten to her when she was 3 years old. It was just so new to her and with how the kitten keeps getting clingy with her, she was almost acting worried. Within 3 weeks of having them together, she became used to her.

Harvey

I've not had any kitten being rejected by my cat because they are usually very welcoming whenever I get a new cat to be a part of our family. I've always been very surprised how they all feel very comfortable around the new kitten even when the new kitten is being all over the places without allowing them their own space.

Ivar

There are some parents who even reject their own babies, some who go to the extreme abort them without giving birth to them. I wouldn't be surprised if a cat rejected kittens that wasn't her own.

Toni

It was puppy that my kitten Clark rejected at the beginning when I tried introducing them to one another. Lex was more open towards the puppy which helped a lot. Clark nearly clawed the puppy one time, I had to prevent it.

Sarah

My cat gave birth to her kittens but she didn't like one of them. We tried to remove the other ones and allow the mother to bond with the one she rejected but she nearly killed the poor little thing. We don't know her reasons but we gave out the kitten so that she will be taken care of by a good pet owner.

Stephen

My cat gave birth to her kittens but she didn't like one of them. We tried to remove the other ones and allow the mother to bond with the one she rejected but she nearly killed the poor little thing. We don't know her reasons but we gave out the kitten so that she will be taken care of by a good pet owner.

It would have been a thing of heartbreak should you come back and found out that your cat ended up killing one of her kitten because she didn't love the poor baby. It is a good thing that you decided to give the little kitten away in order to save her life.

Sarah

It would have been a thing of heartbreak should you come back and found out that your cat ended up killing one of her kitten because she didn't love the poor baby. It is a good thing that you decided to give the little kitten away in order to save her life.
Our cat didn't kill hers, she just abandoned her and carry the other kittens from the house to the backyard. She didn't care about that one she left until grandma forced her to take care of her baby.

Ivar

It was puppy that my kitten Clark rejected at the beginning when I tried introducing them to one another. Lex was more open towards the puppy which helped a lot. Clark nearly clawed the puppy one time, I had to prevent it.

It's always very heartbreaking when that happens with kittens and cats. You will be expecting them to mingle and get along but in the end, they end being estranged.