Fun Ways To Keep Your Cat Entertained

Altair

What are some fun ways to keep our cats entertained?
Here are some of my favorite ways to keep cats entertained:

Interactive toys: there are so many great interactive toys on the market these days, from puzzle feeders to laser pointers.
Cardboard Boxes: Cats love to play in boxes, so save some cardboard boxes and cut holes in them to make a fun play area for your cat.
Feather Wands: Feather wands are a fun way to engage your cat in playtime. You can wave the wand in the air, and your cat will try to catch the feather.
Scratching posts - Cats need to scratch to keep their claws healthy, so providing them with a scratching post or pad can keep them entertained while also protecting your furniture.
Window Perches: Cats love to look out the window, so consider getting a window perch or a cat tree that can give them a view of the outdoors.
Paper Bags: Similar to cardboard boxes, paper bags can provide a fun hiding spot for your cat. Just be sure to remove any handles that could pose a choking hazard.
DIY obstacle course: Get creative and make your own obstacle course for your cat using items around the house. You can use chairs, blankets, and other household items to create a fun and challenging course for your cat to navigate.
Remember to always supervise your cat while they are playing and ensure that any toys or play areas are safe and free of hazards.

So what are some other ways to keep a cat entertained?

Destiny

When it comes to my cats they are often kept entertained with laser pens and they also love carrier bags. If we ever have a carrier bag that has been left out due to us coming back from the store, the minute they see it they jump on it and start getting playful. It is quite fun to see.

Nikki

With my two cats, if they have a card board box they are happy and content. It's amazing how we go out and buy them all toys and yet a simple cardboard box is all they need to be happy and content. I do still keep toys for my cats but a lot of the time they go without being used, especially if there is a box around.

Shortie

When Smokey was with us, she would always have a strong interest in boxes, carrier bags, and also the little plastic cable ties that you would get on boxes that held things in place if they were ever dropped on the floor without us noticing.

There would be many a time that I would see her playing with something and couldn't see what it was at first and on closer look it would be a cable tie she had found.

Henrywrites

I am going to try most of these methods with my cats. I think it is good to have some good times with them as it is one of the ways you will get them to feel at home.

Toni

My cat loves playing with his toys. He's very good with scratching, so I got a good scratching toy which he loves very much.

But in everything, he loves playing with his kills more than he plays with any other thing. He played with a rat he killed for 4 hours without resting. I couldn't stop laughing watching him.

Destiny

My cat loves playing with his toys. He's very good with scratching, so I got a good scratching toy which he loves very much.

But in everything, he loves playing with his kills more than he plays with any other thing. He played with a rat he killed for 4 hours without resting. I couldn't stop laughing watching him.
Oh my! I know cats tend to be really good at patience but after 4 hours of playing with a rat that he had killed, I could only imagine witnessing that! There is a saying that goes you should never play with your food before eating but with cats, that rule never really applies!

Ja sa bong

I watched a cat playing with balloons the other day on Instagram and it was a good sight to see. I wonder how the cat didn't burst it with his claw but it looked obvious he was enjoying the play. I'm going to try it next time with my cats and see if they like it.

Sandex

Toys are great playing tools for both cats and kids too. I have so many of them for my cats because I know how good it is when it comes to keeping them occupied to allow me do my own things. When they are not playing with their toys, I will become the play thing for them.

Ivar

Any cat owner who doesn't make provision for toys his or her cats are supposed to be play with isn't truly looking out for his or her cat's happiness. It's like kids, they are meant to have toys they play with.