Ever had a cat that bites?

Henrywrites

We had a challenge in the neighborhood this morning where my neighbor walked up to me to ask what she will do about her cat that likes biting her. It's strange as I have never had this type of experience. What do you think is the reason?

PS: It was a strayed cat that she adopted.

Destiny

Usually, cats only tend to bite if they feel threatened in some way or if something you are doing they are not happy with. Was your neighbor able to tell you what she was doing when the cat bit her?

Could have been something she did that the cat did not like and they reacted like that.

Henrywrites

Usually, cats only tend to bite if they feel threatened in some way or if something you are doing they are not happy with. Was your neighbor able to tell you what she was doing when the cat bit her?

Could have been something she did that the cat did not like and they reacted like that.

She didn't say much about what she was doing. I was even surprised that such happened. Maybe there is more she was not telling me about the situation.

Stephen

Cats have teeth, they are supposed to be bite whenever there's a need for them to do so. In most cases, they do so with the need to protect and defend themselves from harm or out of anxiety. They use their claws in the same meaning too.

Ragnarok

When my cats were kittens, they used to bite a lot. They don't scratch me often which was a good thing, otherwise I would have had a lot of scract marks 😂. When they got older, they have stopped biting unless they are fighting. But they always hiss when they are pissed!

Shortie

Before our cat passed, she used to love playing and we would often use her toys or even a laser pen to play with her when she wanted to.

Sometimes she would get a little too over excited and would bite slightly but it was never enough to hurt you or break the skin. She would also sometimes bite slightly to tell you that she was done and wanted to be left alone but again, this was not done to the point where it would hurt or break the skin.

Harvey

Don't they all bite especially when they are kittens? All my cats did so when they were kittens and I understood that it was in their nature to do so which was why I never had any problems with their frequent biting every now and then.