Does your cat ignore you?

Stephen

Have something ever happened that led your cat(s) to start ignoring you whenever you're talking to them or trying to get them do something?

My friend told me about yelling lightly at his cat for leaving his scratching post to do it on the couch over and over again. After that incident, his cat started ignoring him.

Have you experienced this with your cat?

Foxybananas

All the time! Especially my Professor X, he loves to eat and I feed him and give him treats everyday but I do not give him human food. So, whenever I eat, he comes over and stares at me as if asking me to share my food. He gets super close to me, purrs, rolls around and wants pets from me, but once I finish eating, literally seconds later, he abruptly and dramatically gets up, turns around and walks away from me and ignores me for hours!!!!!! 😆 He literally gives me the cold shoulder! LOL

Ivar

Bathing my cat is something she hates so much and it's always a war till we are done with it. The aftermath of our bathing is being ignored all day long by her. If it's possible for her to beat or fight afterwards her bath, she's going to do it. I can't stop laughing whenever she does it. Our next bath is scheduled in 3 months time, so I'm getting ready for her acting up 😬.

Henrywrites

Bathing my cat is something she hates so much and it's always a war till we are done with it. The aftermath of our bathing is being ignored all day long by her. If it's possible for her to beat or fight afterwards her bath, she's going to do it. I can't stop laughing whenever she does it. Our next bath is scheduled in 3 months time, so I'm getting ready for her acting up 😬.

She is one that can keep malice or is it because you don't pet her before the bathing process? There is a lot that you will definitely have to consider.

Ja sa bong

The only time I can remember my cats have ignored was whenever they are feeling sleepy and I want to pet them. They will ignore me and walk away from me and go straight to their sleeping bed or mat. I have a fluffy mat at home on the floor, they like sleeping on it too.

Shortie

From my experience of looking after cats and being around cats when I was younger as well as we had quite a few cats when I was growing up, I have learned that cats will ignore you whenever they feel like it, and if they want to be left alone.

This has happened many times to me, they will turn their back and not pay any attention to you talking at all. It is quite funny if I am honest.

If you really want their attention, shake a wrapper and they'll soon want to know LOL

Harvey

Cats generally like attention and whenever they don't get it, they seem to show it in one way or another or at least that's how my cat behaves.

If I give my attention to work too much whenever I'm home and ignore them for long, they usually return the favour.

Ragnarok

Whenever my cat is not happy about something that I've done, he usually avoids me and ignores me all day. There was a day he refused to eat his food because I raise my voice at him for pushing over my mug down and it broke.

Sandex

Whatever my cats are not in the mood to eat, there is nothing I'm going to do that is going to get their attention to listen to me. They will simply ignore me and walk away. I can't force them to eat when they don't want to, even if it's when I'm supposed to feed them.