Does your cat have vet anxiety?

Stephen

It's impossible to have cats without going to the vets. It's just like human beings, we all need to go to the hospital once in a while. I used to go at least twice in year.

When it comes to your cats, do they feel relaxed whenever you take them to the vex or do they have anxiety and feel uncomfortable?

What can you do to stop them having vet anxiety?

Foxybananas

2 of my cats hate their yearly vet visits, but Magneto, my oldest is the worst! At his worst, he would start to meow, quietly but consistently to get out of the cat carrier, then his anxiety would get so bad, that he wound start to hyperventilate, start drooling, then foaming at the mouth and to top it all off, he would poop!! By the time we made it to the vet's office he was a total mess!!

In the last few years, we have learned that he does better outside the cat carrier, he still cries and hyperventilates but doesn't foam at the mouth or poops. It is a 2 person job to take him to vet, one to drive and another to hold him.

Ivar

2 of my cats hate their yearly vet visits, but Magneto, my oldest is the worst! At his worst, he would start to meow, quietly but consistently to get out of the cat carrier, then his anxiety would get so bad, that he wound start to hyperventilate, start drooling, then foaming at the mouth and to top it all off, he would poop!! By the time we made it to the vet's office he was a total mess!!

In the last few years, we have learned that he does better outside the cat carrier, he still cries and hyperventilates but doesn't foam at the mouth or poops. It is a 2 person job to take him to vet, one to drive and another to hold him.
Damn this is serious, it's even going to give you a worry and not just him whenever you need to get him to the vet.

None of my cats get anxiety spikes whenever I need to get them to the vet. Although the first day, they were just restless but that's just it.

Harvey

The anxiety of my cat always spike whenever I take them to the vet because they usually don't feel comfortable getting any kind of shots. This is the reason why they don't like it whenever we are in their environment where they're going to get any kind of treatment from their vet.

Ragnarok

It was only the first time I took my cat to the vet I noticed they had anxiety over the whole process. After the first time, the subsequent sessions that we went to see their vet, they are very much comfortable and relaxed until we were done with the whole check up and treatment.

Sandex

My cats suffers vet anxiety whenever we have to go see their vet. I have tried everything I know to make them comfortable going to the vet but unfortunately nothing works.