Does your cat eat grass?

Ja sa bong

I found some days ago that my cats even though they don't like going out often, but whenever they do, they do so to eat grass. I keep wondering why they do it but I have no answer for it. Does your cat go out to eat grass once in a while? Why do you think they do it?

Shortie

Smokey used to love heading out to eat grass, she would do it a lot and it's something that is very healthy for them.

Those who have house cats, are advised to grow grass inside in a pot so that their cats have grass to eat indoors. It helps with their digestive system and helps them bring up fur balls as well :)

Ivar

Smokey used to love heading out to eat grass, she would do it a lot and it's something that is very healthy for them.

Those who have house cats, are advised to grow grass inside in a pot so that their cats have grass to eat indoors. It helps with their digestive system and helps them bring up fur balls as well :)

Yes, that's very correct. It's exactly what my vet told me when my cats were still kittens. He advised me to allow them to go outdoor once in a while for them to eat little grass. They know exactly the one's to eat. I have maintained doing that ever since and my cats hardly suffer any digestive problems.

Ragnarok

I'm not sure if I have seen my cat eating grass but I know there's a possibility of that happening. As long as they don't eat any that's going to cause them any sort of stomach problems or digestive system problems, they are welcome to eat whatever they want with grass.

Harvey

I don't think any of my cat eats grass but I'm not going to assume that it is not possible for them to have eaten grass in their life because they usually get outside from time to time which makes it possible for them to do it without my notice.

Toni

Yes, my cats eat grass whenever they are out in my yard playing. There's a grass which grows in my yard, it doesn't look too bushy, that's why I don't spray chemicals on them to die off. My cats enjoy eating them.

Sandex

Whenever my cats go outside, they tend to eat some of the grasses in my yard. I figured it's something good for them and they have never had any side effects or complications from eating those grasses.