Does your cat cuddle with you?

Altair

While some cats adore cuddling with their owners, others would rather keep their distance. Do you own a cat, and if so, does it enjoy cuddling with you? What are your preferred snuggling positions, and how do you start cuddling with your cat?

Do you have any advice for people who might be having trouble coaxing their cat to cuddle? aIs it enough to respect their boundaries and let them approach you on their terms, or is there a way to get your cat to be more affectionate?

Destiny

All of my cats enjoy cuddling but there is one of them that can get a little over the top when it comes to cuddling as they can end up wanting to be laid around your neck. As much as I do not mind it if that is where they are happy, it can cause some discomfort so I often have to move them when they do that.

Nikki

My cats all enjoy cuddling but it has to be on their terms and not on mine I have noticed. If I try to pick them up and give them cuddles without them wanting to, they tend to leave and walk away.

Shortie

Smokey used to love cuddling with me when she was still with us, the only issue was she would always try and get right up under my chin which was always uncomfortable for me so I would have to move her a little and she was never happy with that. I also noticed she would only appreciate cuddles if it was on her terms and not yours.

Henrywrites

My advise to anyone that their cat is struggling to cuddle with is to always make them feel at home. Play with them more often and they will get used to cuddling with you.

Ja sa bong

My advise to anyone that their cat is struggling to cuddle with is to always make them feel at home. Play with them more often and they will get used to cuddling with you.
Your cats are supposed to love you, trust you, feel comfortable being around you. If all these are checked out, they will find it very easy to cuddle in bed with you every night. I can't get my cats out of my bed when they are determined to sleep in it with me.

Henrywrites

Your cats are supposed to love you, trust you, feel comfortable being around you. If all these are checked out, they will find it very easy to cuddle in bed with you every night. I can't get my cats out of my bed when they are determined to sleep in it with me.

This is true. If you shout at your cats, then you are simply letting them know that they shouldn't come nearer to you for any reason and that is strange.

Sandex

Always with cats whenever we are in bed. They enjoy being cuddled even when they are sleeping but that's usually difficult for me so I don't mess up their sleeping when I turn too. Once they sleep off, I will take them into their own bed.

Foxybananas

One of our cats is not cuddly at all, however at night time she becomes a leg cat, and when she feels that is time to go to sleep, she walks up to my boyfriend's legs and forces him to lay straight and pretty much is lights out, TV off and sleep time! The other 2 come and snuggle with us for most of the night. We love it, but not gonna lie, it gets a bit uncomfortable when we can't move much because we don't want to interrupt their sleep, or worse make them leave!

Harvey

My cats loves cuddling so much, they don't like being in their own all the time. I would just say that my cats are big attention seekers and they will do anything to get it from me. I love them so much which is why I always compromise in giving them what they want.

Ivar

For my cats, sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It's not something that I can put them into especially when they are not in the mood for it. If you try to force it, you're getting scratches that you didn't bargain for.

Stephen

All of my cat used to love being cuddled in my bed when they were still small but the moment they become adults, they don't usually care about being cuddled. When if I try doing it, they are not always comfortable with it.

Ragnarok

My cats used to love cuddling when they were kittens but after they have grown, it seems as if something changed in them. They are no longer interested in being cuddled, they are no longer interested in coming to my bed whenever they want to sleep. They prefer to be in their own bed.

Toni

3 of my cats love to cuddle up with me in the bed except for one of them. It's the oldest one called Gilly. She doesn't like being touched too much and that's why she no longer likes being cuddled.