Do your cats worry when you leave the house?

Destiny

My cats tend to not be too bothered when I leave the house and just get on with their day doing the usual cat things that they do such as snoozing, sleeping, or heading out to explore but I have heard that some people have had cats that tend to worry when their owners leave the house.

Do your cats worry when you leave the house? What do you do to try and reassure them?

Shortie

Smokey never used to panic when I left the house until after she went missing for a few days one weekend. We believe she got locked in a shed somewhere during the weekend as it was a nice weekend and many will have had their sheds open on Friday evening, probably not opened it on Saturday, and then opened it again on Sunday evening as she came back on Sunday evening,

Ever since that happened, whenever I left the house she would wonder around the house meowing looking for me.

Nikki

Both of my cats are not even phased when I leave the house a lot of the time, they just continue snoozing or doing what they are doing and half the time may not even notice that I have gone.

Henrywrites

Both of my cats are not even phased when I leave the house a lot of the time, they just continue snoozing or doing what they are doing and half the time may not even notice that I have gone.

Maybe simply because they have become too comfortable and know that you will always be home that very day. If you are the type of person that stays off for very long period of time, then I expect them to be pretty worried.

Destiny

Maybe simply because they have become too comfortable and know that you will always be home that very day. If you are the type of person that stays off for very long period of time, then I expect them to be pretty worried.
This I agree with. Cats will soon start to trust you when it comes to you leaving the house, once they know you will always be back it becomes normal for them and they just get on like they would even if you were still in the house.

Smokey never used to panic when I left the house until after she went missing for a few days one weekend. We believe she got locked in a shed somewhere during the weekend as it was a nice weekend and many will have had their sheds open on Friday evening, probably not opened it on Saturday, and then opened it again on Sunday evening as she came back on Sunday evening,

Ever since that happened, whenever I left the house she would wonder around the house meowing looking for me.
This would be understandable if she went missing. They tend to get scared and when they trust you as their owner they will worry about not getting back to you. It is understandable that she would have been clingy after that and worrying if you would come back or where you were.

Shortie

This I agree with. Cats will soon start to trust you when it comes to you leaving the house, once they know you will always be back it becomes normal for them and they just get on like they would even if you were still in the house.

This would be understandable if she went missing. They tend to get scared and when they trust you as their owner they will worry about not getting back to you. It is understandable that she would have been clingy after that and worrying if you would come back or where you were.
It sure is! As the years went by she did start to get a little more confident and would not worry so much but there were times she still would. Unfortunately, as she started getting her confidence back a little more her health took a turn for the worst and we lost her to heart failure.

Henrywrites

That is the point. Most of the times cats will feel relaxed whenever you are leaving the house as long as they believe that you will always come back. I think it is also basic with a dog as well.

Destiny

That is the point. Most of the times cats will feel relaxed whenever you are leaving the house as long as they believe that you will always come back. I think it is also basic with a dog as well.
It sure is :) both cats and dogs tend to base things on trust and once they realize your intentions are to come back and not just leave and never come back to them, they tend to feel more relaxed and less worried.

My friend has a dog and she had issues with him in the beginning when she would go out without him say for work or even shopping. She would go and then come back and the longer she kept doing that the more he started to trust her and things got easier for both of them.

Henrywrites

It sure is :) both cats and dogs tend to base things on trust and once they realize your intentions are to come back and not just leave and never come back to them, they tend to feel more relaxed and less worried.

My friend has a dog and she had issues with him in the beginning when she would go out without him say for work or even shopping. She would go and then come back and the longer she kept doing that the more he started to trust her and things got easier for both of them.

This is exactly the point. Communicating with the pet is very important. They need all the reassuring words from the beginning.

Ivar

I can always tell that my cats were lonely and missed me all through whenever I had to leave them at home all alone and go to work. Unfortunately, I can't take them to work, so they have to stay alone for at least 5 hours everyday.

Ja sa bong

My cats are well relaxed most of time. I'm sure they miss me whenever I'm not around but it doesn't make them restless. They are happy to see me whenever I'm home.

Toni

Of course, I think my cats my worry whenever I'm not at home to pet them and play with them. It's why I try as much as possible to time my outing in order not to stay out for too thereby leaving them lonely all day for too long. I miss them too whenever I'm not home with them as well.

Harvey

One of my cat is very clingy. She doesn't like it whenever I leave the house. She will keep trying to follow to my car. If we are allowed pets at work, I wouldn't mind taking her to work. My other two cats don't mind if I leave the house. They are always calm.

Stephen

There is some days I would feel that my cats are missing me whenever I am not at home and there are some that they are very comfortable whether I am at home or not but they will always be very happy to see me when I get back from work. I love them and they love me too.

Sandex

Once my cats are well fed, they will not be bothered if I'm leaving the house. This is why I do everything to make sure they are well fed in the morning before I leave for work.