Do your cats seem to notice something you can not see?

Shortie

Have you ever experienced a moment where your cat seems to see something that catches its eye but no matter how hard you look you can not see it yourself?

I had this happen a few times with Smokey and there was one time she was staring at the TV which was not turned on like she had seen something but we couldn't see anything. It spooked us when she did it but we still never found out what she may have seen.

Nikki

All the time. There have been so many times my cats have been looking in the corner of the room at the ceiling or even on the floor near where I am sitting like they have seen something but I won't have seen anything and it worries me.

I am always worried that they saw something like a spider and instantly jump on the sofa or chair I am sitting in until I know there is nothing there.

It's when they do that, you ask them what they have seen and they look at you and then walk off.

Destiny

My cats do this so often that sometimes I feel like they are just doing it on purpose now as they know it worries me. It is always in the corner of the room somewhere or under something that they end up staring and if I can't see what it is, it worries me.

I swear they secretly laugh at me.

Henrywrites

My cats do this so often that sometimes I feel like they are just doing it on purpose now as they know it worries me. It is always in the corner of the room somewhere or under something that they end up staring and if I can't see what it is, it worries me.

I swear they secretly laugh at me.

This is why most of the times, people will say that they are scared of having cats in the house because of some awkward attitudes like this. I worry less with such attitude by my cats as they have eyes to see strange things.

Harvey

There's a myth that cats can see spirits. Something about Egyptian ancient history and underworld stuff. I'm not sure how true that is but if it's anything like they say, then cats might be seeing things we can't see with our human eyes.

Henrywrites

There's a myth that cats can see spirits. Something about Egyptian ancient history and underworld stuff. I'm not sure how true that is but if it's anything like they say, then cats might be seeing things we can't see with our human eyes.

I believe that myth. It is something that we should not even get worried about as well. Understand that cats can see strange things and there is nothing we can do about it.

Ja sa bong

Have you seen how cat's eyes glow at night? They can see very well more than human's see with their own eyes. It's why cats are very good at hunting and killing their preys.
I have seen this acted in movies but I'm not sure if real or not. If it's real, I wouldn't be surprised.

Stephen

It's not a hidden thing about how good cat's sight is. This is why their eyes glow at night. My cats see better than I do especially at night. There are sometimes when my cats will stare before rushing to catch something, which I wouldn't see it.

Toni

I would say that it works vice versa. There are some things my cats will see and I wouldn't, also there are things I will see and my can't see. So, we compliment each other.