Do you use a camera to monitor your cat while you're gone?

Altair

Do you use a camera to monitor your cat while you're gone? If so, what kind of camera do you own? Have you found it useful in ensuring the safety of your kitties and assuaging your fears? Do you prefer a different method, such as enlisting the assistance of a friend or family member to keep an eye on your cats?

Destiny

I had often thought about getting a camera to monitor my cats but have not yet done so. I think it would be quite interesting to see what they do when all the family is out of the house. Definitely going to be something I get one day and set up.

Ragnarok

Right now, I don't have any CCTV installed in my home. I don't have any need for it at the moment. Even if I had it to monitor my cats now, if I'm away and they doing that needed my attention, how would I get there to take care of it immediately? It's not relevant.

Ja sa bong

I'm thinking of it but haven't made any decision. My cats are well behaved when I'm not at home, it's why I've not been bothering with having a camera at home to monitor their activities.

Henrywrites

I'm thinking of it but haven't made any decision. My cats are well behaved when I'm not at home, it's why I've not been bothering with having a camera at home to monitor their activities.

If they don't mess everywhere up whenever you are not around, then there is no need trying to get that kind of monitoring camera for them. To me, it makes zero sense.

Ja sa bong

If they don't mess everywhere up whenever you are not around, then there is no need trying to get that kind of monitoring camera for them. To me, it makes zero sense.
There zero security breach cases in my neighbourhood. This makes it unnecessary for me to install a camera or CCTV at home. When there's almost 99% chance the CCTV won't get anything bad, there's no need for it.

Henrywrites

There zero security breach cases in my neighbourhood. This makes it unnecessary for me to install a camera or CCTV at home. When there's almost 99% chance the CCTV won't get anything bad, there's no need for it.

If you say so, although I believe that it is necessary that one have their personal security details as well to ensure that they have a lot under control.

Ja sa bong

If you say so, although I believe that it is necessary that one have their personal security details as well to ensure that they have a lot under control.
Maybe if I get a careless money which I don't know what to do with it, I would channel it into CCTV installation. If it happens to do any good, it's going to be a win to me.

Shortie

I don't but when we had our cat, I always thought to get a camera and set it up just to see what she did when we were not home but I never got around to it before she passed.

My son used to tell me that she would meow when I was not in the house and start looking for me, would have liked to have got that on camera just so I knew exactly what she was doing after I had left.

Foxybananas

Yes! We have a Furbo, a device that tosses treats to dogs/cats and also has a camera and microphone and we also have ring cameras throughout the house to monitor what our cats are doing throughout the day. Very helpful when we go on vacation.

When we are out of town, we normally have a cat sitter stop by a few minutes each day to clean the litterbox and deliver their wet food, and for the rest of the day they are all alone, for that reason we log into the cameras throughout the day to keep an eye on them.

Toni

At the moment, I don't think that it's necessary for me to start monitoring my cat with a camera whenever I'm away at work. My cats are well behaved even when I'm not at home. They are very gentle too unless they sense an aggression from someone or something. If I'm installing CCTV in my house, it won't be to monitor my cat.

Ivar

No, I don't make any use of cameras to monitor any of my cats when I am not around at home. The reason why I'm not doing this is because all of my cats are well-behaved. I've never had a reason to consider installing CCTV camera inside my home because of my cats.

Harvey

I don't have any money to use and install cameras in my house simply because I want to keep an eye on my cats whenever I am not at home. I believe that they can be able to stick around until I am back from work in order to keep looking after them the way I am supposed to.

Sandex

There is no need for me to monitor my cats when I am not at home because they are well behaved pets and I don't have to install cameras in my home just because of the need to monitor them. If I will install a camera in my house, it is going to be for other security purposes but not monitoring my cats.